Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] Help required

  • mrtag mrmol
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5 7:38 AM
      Hellow !
      Could you please forward for me the reply you get, because I was just thinking similar idea, I am also bachelor student in computer science.
      Thanks
      Mrtag

      "·!¦[· Ahsan ·]¦!·" <ahsan_jamshaid@...> wrote:
      Hi pals... how are you doing????

      i need help..... actually i want to do a semester project on Artificial intelligence.... i am a bachelors student.... and dont know what to do..... i dont even know the list of projects that can be done in this field..... if any of you help me in this regard.... you can help me by just naming the projects that can be done for this level..... i'll be greatefull to you people.....waiting for your reply....

    • yilmaz arslanoglu
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5 9:17 AM
        Dear Ahsan;

        As my pattern recognition course project, I made the
        "automatic autorship attribution" project and I got a
        lot pleasure from it.

        Assume that you have a number of writers, e.g.
        Dostoyevski, Tolstoy, Chekov, etc. and their available
        writings.

        Your mission is to find the writer of a piece of text,
        whose writer is unknown.

        You can apply naive Bayes algorithm or you can use lzw
        compression for this.

        "Automatic Text Categorization" for libraries is also
        a similar and interesting project topic.

        Another project topic would be an optimization
        problem, for example trying to solve the Travelling
        Salesman Problem. One possible way is to learn about
        "genetic algorithms".

        You can also build a "theorem prover" using the
        resolution algorithm, or you can write a program which
        tries to solve the instances of the popular game
        "Sokoban".

        Regards,
        Yilmaz Arslanoglu
        http://www.metu.edu.tr/~e116443

        --- "·!¦[· Ahsan ·]¦!·" <ahsan_jamshaid@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi pals... how are you doing????
        >
        > i need help..... actually i want to do a semester
        > project on Artificial intelligence.... i am a
        > bachelors student.... and dont know what to do.....
        > i dont even know the list of projects that can be
        > done in this field..... if any of you help me in
        > this regard.... you can help me by just naming the
        > projects that can be done for this level..... i'll
        > be greatefull to you people.....waiting for your
        > reply....

        > removed]
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Giordano Bruno
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5 9:05 PM
          Hi, i recommend you a project involving artificial neural networks.
          You could build a network to diagnose some specific disease given a
          yes/no questionnarie (e.g. Diabetes)
        • Andre S Clements
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 19 1:13 PM
            Some interesting stuff happening in the new media art scene, have a
            browse through www.rhizome.org or start at http://rhizome.org/netartnews/

            Andre SC

            ·!¦[· Ahsan ·]¦!· wrote:
            > Hi pals... how are you doing????
            >
            > i need help..... actually i want to do a semester project on
            > Artificial intelligence.... i am a bachelors student.... and dont know
            > what to do..... i dont even know the list of projects that can be done
            > in this field..... if any of you help me in this regard.... you can
            > help me by just naming the projects that can be done for this
            > level..... i'll be greatefull to you people.....waiting for your reply....

          • yashoda phadke
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 20 3:37 AM
              you can do a project by using back propagation as the
              backbone and try to find out whether it can be applied
              in variuos domains like identifying different
              varieties of a single plant, or face recognition,
              speech recognition etc.