Re: military

  • JW
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2006
      I think that they will be pretty incredible by then. It depends on the
      computer processors and batteries and plastics that will be available
      then. Right now the projected projects (robotic planes, etc) still
      require a human on the other end. Maybe by then they won't. We will
      have to see when we get closer to there (2012). The time to start
      learning that sort of thing for you is now.

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "alexblevine"
      <alexblevine@y...> wrote:

      > Hey guys,
      > What do you think the military robotics will be like in oh, lets
      say
      > 2012. And guys, I was just wondering, I joined this group and I am 11
      > years old, I am very smart though (not to brag) I love talking about
      > Artificial Intelligence and the furture. I just wanted to make sure
      > you didn't mind me being young.
      > Sincerely,
      > Alex Levine

    • robertsmrtn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2006
        Sadly, considerable resources will go into military applications.
        Probably producing intelligent robots able to operate unaided on the
        battle field. I say sadly because if there is one thing which has the
        highest probability of destroying us as a species it is nuclear war. I
        hope that by about 1035 computers will have become so intelligent that
        they realise this and decide to take our weapons away from us.
      • andrew grider
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2006
          I know but i dont dwell on it because time has its courses and humans are apart of this earth and well always be here till we blow the planet up.

          robertsmrtn <RobertsMrtn@...> wrote: Sadly, considerable resources will go into military applications.
          Probably producing intelligent robots able to operate unaided on the
          battle field. I say sadly because if there is one thing which has the
          highest probability of destroying us as a species it is nuclear war. I
          hope that by about 1035 computers will have become so intelligent that
          they realise this and decide to take our weapons away from us.

          Computer science college Computer science distance learning Computer science Artificial intelligence software Artificial intelligence in business Artificial intelligence and expert system

        • gzabers
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2006
            DARPA (the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) funds a lot of
            artificial intelligence research in universities... you might
            recognize the name from the DARPA Grand Challenge, the recent
            competition in which several computer-controlled cars drove themselves
            across the desert. Of course, being part of the Department of
            Defense, everything they fund has some sort of military spin or
            application. Even the Cyc project has a large sub-ontology explicitly
            for military stuff, which I wouldn't doubt has something to do with
            some military funding. So I would say yes, A.I. in the military can
            be expected to get better faster than in a lot of other research areas.