Re: Regarding universities offering AI

  • tvprasad2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
      Dear Satyajit,

      The Central University (University of Hyderabad) offers M.Tech. in AI,
      and there is a separate programme for Robotics. I do not know the
      exact status, but this is the only University in India that offers
      specialized courses since over last 10-12 years. I am told the job
      opportunities are excellent and that there is funding also.
      Corporates pick the students right in the first year and fund them
      with additional scholarships. It is up to you as might be aspiring to
      do MS in US only.

      T. V. Prasad
      Dy. Director (IT Services)
      Bureau of Indian Standards
      New Delhi 110 002
    • malugu_satyajit
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2005
        Hi, thanks for the information, I have studied the whole thing and it
        was perfect for me in many ways. I am indebted to you. But only thing
        is nagging me, CIRL is only for PhD students, not MS. And I not pretty
        sure now whether to take Phd or not. They do take MS but no funding
        chances for them, but in the general MS they are offerring AI as any
        other university does:-(
        But anyways thanks for the info.

        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, Mea D Catterren