Greetings and announcing a sister group

  • Eray Ozkural
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Hello there,

      I'm glad that I've found another AI group on yahoo with significant
      activity. We have a group called ai-philosophy:

      It is a continuation of comp.ai.philosophy which used to be a nice
      place but has unfortunately fallen out of favor due to excessive
      spamming, trolling and flamewars. I believe that we have done a good
      job in reviving the stimulating philosophical discussions of old times
      without the clutter and we have succeeded in accumulating a good
      portion of the well-motivated posters of c.a.p. We are mainly
      discussing theoretical AI and philosophy of mind, of course news
      items, comments, project announcements, paper reviews and the like are
      most welcome. Basically anything that was really on topic on c.a.p.

      Some of the topics discussed recently include compressibility as a
      measure of real-world complexity, Minsky's theories on emotion, common
      shortcomings of AI projects, imagination, non-reductionism. We are
      enjoying a moderately high volume of discussion, please consider
      joining our group if you are interested in the theory.

      Regards,

      --
      Eray Ozkural