Parallel compared with er not parallel

  • mick_curtis
    Message 1 of 1398 , Jan 18, 2000
      Seriously, I am not so sure that it is that
      simple to say that a transistor is the same Turing
      machine as parallel processing.<br>The Turing machine
      handles one thing at a time and produces the same output
      as the parallel thing that handles things
      simultaneously and produces the same output.<br>The thing about
      a consciousness is that it can be simulated by a
      computer without ever actually being consciousness; I
      suspect that the magic of consciousness is locked up in
      the manner of the operations rather than what is
      input and what is output.<br>I think humans are like
      loads of brains working at the same time - if there was
      one single brain stacking the progress of a brain1 so
      that it could then handle the progcessing of brain2
      before eventually returning returning brain1 again for
      attention then the output would be the same but I think the
      almost schizophrenic simultaneousness is part of the
      essence.<br>Well, that's my opinion,<br>Mike
      Message 1398 of 1398 , Aug 19, 2005