Re: Group membership and spam protection

  • nukleon@neuron.co.uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2005
      Another option is for new member's messages to be moderated.
      I've just turned on this option and will monitor its effectiveness.

      Still, let me know if you're for or against restricting the membership
      of the group.

      Regards

      Daniel
      (Nukleon)
    • John Wiley
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
        No, I'm not for restricting membership, the group should be open to anyone who wants to find out about AI, not just limited to the few in R&D.

        John

        nukleon@... wrote:

        Another option is for new member's messages to be moderated.
        I've just turned on this option and will monitor its effectiveness.

        Still, let me know if you're for or against restricting the membership
        of the group.

        Regards

        Daniel
        (Nukleon)

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Mr. VIJAY SARGUNAR.M.M
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
          Either/Both Let People request for Membership or/and Let all messages get approved by Moderator before getting Posted.

          Regards,
          Vijay Sargunar.M.M

          nukleon@... wrote:

          Another option is for new member's messages to be moderated.
          I've just turned on this option and will monitor its effectiveness.

          Still, let me know if you're for or against restricting the membership
          of the group.

          Regards

          Daniel
          (Nukleon)

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Manuel Caetano
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
            I think i'm the newest member of this group, so it´s not to me to propose any kind of changes or try to get my on way to be aproved, Anyway personly i think that the spirit of the internet must be the one that leeds all the decisions. Otherwise we are corrupting the principles of the internet itself. Ofcourse that we all must take a few steps in order to grant the security and the spam cleaning and we all must be open to help anyone to take the best steps to obtain it. Knewladge is somthing that we all learn day by day and i hope that everyone in the group give his best to cooperate with the other ones.

            Biocyb@...
            Manuel Caetano

            nukleon@... wrote:

            Another option is for new member's messages to be moderated.
            I've just turned on this option and will monitor its effectiveness.

            Still, let me know if you're for or against restricting the membership
            of the group.

            Regards

            Daniel
            (Nukleon)