Re: Finished Software??

  • Unmitigated Gall
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2005
      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "john666seven"
      <johnfr3@s...> wrote:

      > There are quite a few people "experimenting" with various forms of
      > AI, But have you guys ever produced real-world, practical,
      > applications that a non-programmer can use? I'm sure that some of
      > you have,but you never hear of them...espically something that
      runs
      > on a desktop PC.

      Any game uses AI to some extent. Randomization. Blood, Doom, Quake.
      I've always worked with aps. Business aps. MS Office, Databases.
      VBA, VB, SQL. But I respect game programmers. They have done some
      incredible things. AI and game programming in general is very
      sophisicated. Much more conceptual than basic business programming.
      But hell, I'm 40 and was a secretary in 1999. I have to devote time
      to what will pay the bills. Importing data from Oracle or SQL server
      into Excel. Processing data, migrating data, etc.

      But I can see how intense AI is. Very heavy stuff. I'm impressed but
      skeptical. Code can not be made to understand it is code. Or
      anything else really. Like I said, you can put an encylclopedia on a
      PC but you cant make a PC understand one word or it.

      You need life for that. Consciousness. Maybe their is a god and we
      simply can't crack that code. Because it doesnt exist on a physical
      realm. It isnt science. Its metaphysics. And we convince ourselves
      if we study the electro chemical impulses enough, or the RNA, DNA,
      synapse interactions we will be able to create life. I'm a bit
      skeptical. What is love? Biochemical reaction? Oxytocin?

      We are perversely complex between the ears. Maybe AI can only be
      accomplished by adding on to what we already have.

      > Can you recomend some? e-mail me (no attachments, please! I will
      > delete those) john666seven@s...
    • Gene Foxwell
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2005
        You make many assumptions, to assume that code cannot
        understand code, is essence to say that AI is not
        possible as it is currently grasped - as a computer is
        just code. Yet, can you, with solid proof and not
        just philsophocial hopefulness claim that you yourself
        and not reducable to code? That would lie at the
        heart of the question - how much of you being would
        you be willing to admit reduced to code and how much
        to some mysterious soul that can niether been seen nor
        grasped?

        --- Unmitigated Gall <Spammastergrand@...> wrote:

        > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com,
        > "john666seven"
        > <johnfr3@s...> wrote:
        > >
        > > There are quite a few people "experimenting" with
        > various forms of
        > > AI, But have you guys ever produced real-world,
        > practical,
        > > applications that a non-programmer can use? I'm
        > sure that some of
        > > you have,but you never hear of them...espically
        > something that
        > runs
        > > on a desktop PC.
        >

        > Any game uses AI to some extent. Randomization.
        > Blood, Doom, Quake.
        > I've always worked with aps. Business aps. MS
        > Office, Databases.
        > VBA, VB, SQL. But I respect game programmers. They
        > have done some
        > incredible things. AI and game programming in
        > general is very
        > sophisicated. Much more conceptual than basic
        > business programming.
        > But hell, I'm 40 and was a secretary in 1999. I have
        > to devote time
        > to what will pay the bills. Importing data from
        > Oracle or SQL server
        > into Excel. Processing data, migrating data, etc.
        >
        > But I can see how intense AI is. Very heavy stuff.
        > I'm impressed but
        > skeptical. Code can not be made to understand it is
        > code. Or
        > anything else really. Like I said, you can put an
        > encylclopedia on a
        > PC but you cant make a PC understand one word or it.
        >
        > You need life for that. Consciousness. Maybe their
        > is a god and we
        > simply can't crack that code. Because it doesnt
        > exist on a physical
        > realm. It isnt science. Its metaphysics. And we
        > convince ourselves
        > if we study the electro chemical impulses enough, or
        > the RNA, DNA,
        > synapse interactions we will be able to create life.
        > I'm a bit
        > skeptical. What is love? Biochemical reaction?
        > Oxytocin?
        >
        > We are perversely complex between the ears. Maybe AI
        > can only be
        > accomplished by adding on to what we already have.
        >

        > > Can you recomend some? e-mail me (no attachments,
        > please! I will
        > > delete those) john666seven@s...

        =====
        share and enjoy

        wizard of frozzbozz

        this email is product of the frozzbozz magic email company.

        Instructions for catching lions

        We observe that the lion possesses the topological gender of a torus. We embed the desert in a four dimensional space. Then it is possible to apply a deformation [2] of such a kind that the lion when returning to the three dimensional space is all tied up in itself. It is then completely helpless.

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250