Face recognition

  • Jimmy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2004
      hello all, i have a task to make an artificial intelligence based
      program. I have an idea to make a face recognition program. I want to
      make a hair stylist. so i need to acquire the picture from a camera
      then recognize the photo or a person and then decide which hair style
      is fit to him/her. is it using Neural networks or expert system ?
      any recommended books to start with ?
      thanks
    • bardoi
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2004
        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jimmy"
        <sy0n92001@y...> wrote:

        > hello all, i have a task to make an artificial intelligence based
        > program. I have an idea to make a face recognition program. I want
        > make a hair stylist. so i need to acquire the picture from a
        camera
        > then recognize the photo or a person and then decide which hair
        style
        > is fit to him/her. is it using Neural networks or expert system ?
        > any recommended books to start with ?
        > thanks

        I would recommend the neural net for general use picture
        modifications. You may also want to be an artist familiar with some
        sort of computer art program. Come up with several outcomes to each
        model head that would be acceptable, train them in. Come up with
        examples that would be unacceptable, train them out.

        An expert system, as I understand it, would ask more general
        questions-What color hair does Susie have, what color are her eyes,
        what shape is her head, then it would export that x,y, and z are
        appropriate hair styles. You would want to, of course, talk to
        several stylists and ask how they make their decisions. Wereas wit
        the neural net, you would be able to enter the picture without
        specific user input. However, depending on your level of expertise,
        this neural net could be very difficult. The expert system, anyone
        can make if they just take the time.