Re: Linguists? NLP Buddies?

  • toddpierce1968
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 13, 2004
      Sahasrangshu,

      It would be very nice to hear about what you did as well. I'm having
      problems proceeding, mostly in terms of determining the scope of my
      project and prioritizing semantic relations... obviously the biggest
      problems in NLP to begin with :)

      Perhaps the best way to proceed would be to send me an e-mail. I have
      some stuff posted on the web that explains the progress I've made so
      far.

      My email address is todd_pierce at hotmail.com and I can send you a
      link at your convenience.

      -Todd

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, ssit_mcet
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Todd,
      >
      > I am very much interested in NLP.As I have done a project
      > on "Natural Language Interface to Database" where I used PERL
      > language to build a Parser to process user query based on some
      > restricted set of grammer.
      > Your proposed project make me enthusiast in this again.
      >
      > I can contribute(probably) if u make it clear to me more elaborately.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sahasrangshu
    • Marc Vincent Irvin
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 4, 2004
        Todd,

        I am also working on a project very similar, after fifteen minutes of
        reviewing this series of emails, to yours. .

        I have just recently decided to start sharing my visions with others.
        To simplify my explaination of the way I intend to go about making a
        language that posseses intellect I have given it a name, and set up a
        Introductory GROUP site at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Buddy_Rex/.

        I heard you say something about an English Grammar parser. I've built
        six so far with ever increasing levels of grammatical understanding. If
        you go to my YAHOO group and look at my code samples you will see that I
        have tackled the Grammar problem from many angles. Having examples of
        my many angles in on e place might be helpful to you or others.