RE: [Artificial Intelligence Group] Learning algorithm testing environments...

  • Kevin Konkle
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2004
      > >So the nature and design of test will have to depend on what you
      > >intend to teach.

      > Okay, so what do you do when the answer is "anything and everything"?
      ;)

      I would narrow "anything and everything" down to a smaller, more manageable
      subset and start there. Once it can learn "anything and everything" within
      the context of that subset you then expand the subset, and thereby expand
      its learning capabilities. Do this enough and eventually it will be able to
      learn "anything and everything" within the context of "the known universe".

      The human brain, as I understand it, does not pop out into the world ready
      to learn just any concept. You have to start small, build a foundation, and
      then, once you have a framework to support yourself on, go on to learn
      higher, more advanced, concepts.

      /<evin