Re: AI Project

  • nukleon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2004
      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "nida_jehangir"
      <nida_jehangir@y...> wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > I am bse student.can anyone suggest me some new idea related to ai
      > which i can do as my final project.

      Has no one replied to this, here's my little suggestion:

      If you like/want to code in Java and J2ME, then you can do something
      cute for mobile devices (very hot topic) which implements AI
      techniques.

      What about a little tamagotchi-like application where you breed a
      being, which using GAs, NNs, etc will grow with its own personality,
      and attributes.
      You can then make it really interesting by networking the
      application, so that users can cross-breed the beings with other
      people, enter online competitions/battles, etc.

      I wouldn't mind beta-testing such an application on my mobile :)
    • Mark Yarian
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2004
        How about a remake of "Core Wars" for mobile devices?
        http://www.koth.org/ That used to keep me occupied for hours.

        Mark

        > I am bse student.can anyone suggest me some new idea related to ai
        > which i can do as my final project.

        Has no one replied to this, here's my little suggestion:

        If you like/want to code in Java and J2ME, then you can do something
        cute for mobile devices (very hot topic) which implements AI
        techniques.

        What about a little tamagotchi-like application where you breed a
        being, which using GAs, NNs, etc will grow with its own personality,
        and attributes.
        You can then make it really interesting by networking the
        application, so that users can cross-breed the beings with other
        people, enter online competitions/battles, etc.

        I wouldn't mind beta-testing such an application on my mobile :)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12992oe77/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1705948923:HM/EXP=1088959433/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt
        p://companion.yahoo.com> click here

        s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=691407422>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Unsubscribe>

      • fenris_23
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2004
          Corewars would require you to write an pseudo-assembler in Java which
          does not sound very fun for a class project. However, there was once a
          game for Macs when I was younger (early nineties and I cannot remember
          its name) where you could build virtual robots and have them fight it
          out on a battlefield. The game came with a basic AI scripting
          language.

          That might be a more interesting version of Core Wars since the
          scripting language would be easier to learn and extend. Perhaps you
          could add fuzzy concepts like "if enemy is near and health is good,
          then attack". Also, a really simple neurocontroller could come with
          every bot so that you could use a case base script with a bit of
          training to fine-tune the fuzzy inputs. The bot "hardware" could be
          assembled using a point or monetary system like battletech. In fact,
          perhaps victories could score you more cash to buy more parts for your
          bot?

          The J2ME idea has me thinking of some interesting possibilities.

          --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Yarian"
          <mark@y...> wrote:
          > How about a remake of "Core Wars" for mobile devices?
          > http://www.koth.org/ That used to keep me occupied for hours.
          >
          > Mark

        • bnewbnewb
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2004
            I suggest a neural network program that continuously tests mechanical
            hardware in order to continuously find its optimal performance while
            the hardware is operating. This intelligent controller idea is generic
            enough to be addapted to many different hardware devices, thus giving
            you something to sell when you graduate and are looking for your first
            job.