Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] Re: Off Topic: C, C++ on Unix Experts reqd. An excellent opportunity

  • Hugo Vieira de Oliveira
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
      I'm sorry but why is that? Can't it be only a new project of an Indian company that needs new personnel? I certainly got interested in this offer?

      >Bear in mind,
      >the job add you so gleefully posted here in this forum may have once
      >belonged to someone I know that is now unemployed or now washing
      >cars for a living.

      Or not.

      respectfully

      Hugo Vieira de Oliveira

      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        Based on your email address I would have to guess that you are located in Brazil; if I have read the job posting correctly.

        Specifically the following:

        >We are looking for candidates from premier engineering schools in India (IITs/RECs)

        The key word in the above excerpt is India; the way I read it, you and I are not eligible for this position, as we do not live in India.

        Also based on the following excerpt, it is absolutely without a doubt not a �new� Indian company requiring programmers.

        �Our client, a world Top 10 brand,
        > has set up their new development center in Bangalore�

        I challenge you or anyone reading this to name just one �Top 10� truly Indian company.

        My apologies to everyone in this forum for starting up a political discussion, I will say no more on this topic.

        Hugo Vieira de Oliveira <hugovo@...> wrote:I'm sorry but why is that? Can't it be only a new project of an Indian company that needs new personnel? I certainly got interested in this offer?

        >Bear in mind,
        >the job add you so gleefully posted here in this forum may have once
        >belonged to someone I know that is now unemployed or now washing
        >cars for a living.

        Or not.

        respectfully

        Hugo Vieira de Oliveira

        <alphaeus_neural@y...> wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > If you are an expert in C, C++ on Unix, then this might be the
        > opportunity you are looking for. Our client, a world Top 10 brand,
        > has set up their new development center in Bangalore, India and is
        > looking for top talent..
        >
        > We are looking for software professionals at the Architect Level
        (10+
        > years), Sr. Engineer Level (6+ years) as well as at the Engineer
        > Level (3+ years).
        >
        > We are looking for candidates from premier engineering schools in
        > India (IITs/RECs) with excellent academic record, with the skills
        > mentioned below.
        >
        > 1) C/C++, Perl, Tcl, background in SMTP/Mail systems with
        particular
        > knowledge of email systems and string manipulation routines.
        > 2) Expert level experience in Unix Server Development
        > 3) C/C++ experience in Unix or Linux environment
        > 4) Experience with event-based asynchronous programming
        > 5) Exp. with embedded scripting/control languages, TCL
        specifically
        > 6) Exp. with development and unit testing using automated test
        > harnesses
        > 7) Ability to produce and use written specifications for design,
        > development, testing and operation
        > 8) Exp. in systems design.
        >

        > Please send in your resume to jobs@ alphaeus.com with job
        > code "CUNIX" or call on 080-5121 6415 if you need more details.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Paul Vinay
        > Alphaeus HR

      • Hugo Vieira de Oliveira
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2004
          I agree that it is not a subject to be discussed here, specially by me who
          just got into this group. I will just add my own apology to yours then. But
          if anyone would like to discuss that I envite those to send me a private
          message.

          Respectfully

          Hugo Vieira de Oliveira
          Based on your email address I would have to guess that you are located in
          Brazil; if I have read the job posting correctly.

          Specifically the following:

          >We are looking for candidates from premier engineering schools in India
          (IITs/RECs)

          The key word in the above excerpt is India; the way I read it, you and I are
          not eligible for this position, as we do not live in India.

          Also based on the following excerpt, it is absolutely without a doubt not a
          "new" Indian company requiring programmers.

          "Our client, a world Top 10 brand,
          > has set up their new development center in Bangalore"

          I challenge you or anyone reading this to name just one "Top 10" truly
          Indian company.

          My apologies to everyone in this forum for starting up a political
          discussion, I will say no more on this topic.

          Hugo Vieira de Oliveira <hugovo@...> wrote:I'm sorry but why is that?
          Can't it be only a new project of an Indian company that needs new
          personnel? I certainly got interested in this offer?

          >Bear in mind,
          >the job add you so gleefully posted here in this forum may have once
          >belonged to someone I know that is now unemployed or now washing
          >cars for a living.

          Or not.

          respectfully

          Hugo Vieira de Oliveira

          <alphaeus_neural@y...> wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > If you are an expert in C, C++ on Unix, then this might be the
          > opportunity you are looking for. Our client, a world Top 10 brand,
          > has set up their new development center in Bangalore, India and is
          > looking for top talent..
          >
          > We are looking for software professionals at the Architect Level
          (10+
          > years), Sr. Engineer Level (6+ years) as well as at the Engineer
          > Level (3+ years).
          >
          > We are looking for candidates from premier engineering schools in
          > India (IITs/RECs) with excellent academic record, with the skills
          > mentioned below.
          >
          > 1) C/C++, Perl, Tcl, background in SMTP/Mail systems with
          particular
          > knowledge of email systems and string manipulation routines.
          > 2) Expert level experience in Unix Server Development
          > 3) C/C++ experience in Unix or Linux environment
          > 4) Experience with event-based asynchronous programming
          > 5) Exp. with embedded scripting/control languages, TCL
          specifically
          > 6) Exp. with development and unit testing using automated test
          > harnesses
          > 7) Ability to produce and use written specifications for design,
          > development, testing and operation
          > 8) Exp. in systems design.
          >

          > Please send in your resume to jobs@ alphaeus.com with job
          > code "CUNIX" or call on 080-5121 6415 if you need more details.
          >

          > Regards,
          >
          > Paul Vinay
          > Alphaeus HR

          Yahoo! Groups Links