Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] Digest Number 446

  • technology world association
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2004
      WE the technological students{TIWA}d not understand what you do send to us sometimes.We are writing bach just to know what the ngroup is all about.

      TIWA.

      There are 5 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. WTF !!!! Re: Why everyone is wrong about NLP...
      From: "Bob Mottram"
      2. image processing
      From: sudha raman
      3. P=NP
      From: "Po Ulpes"

      4. Re: image processing
      From: Alan Grimes
      5. Re: P=NP
      From: Alan Grimes

      Message: 1
      Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:10:33 -0000
      From: "Bob Mottram"
      Subject: WTF !!!! Re: Why everyone is wrong about NLP...

      Probably a confusion between Natural Language Processing and the
      bogus psychology method called "neuro-linguistic programming". I've
      actually seen exactly this mistake happen in bookshops.

      I wouldn't recommend that anyone read about or watch videos of cult
      leaders. Although the media is obsessed with these types when you
      subtract the garnish they're actually profoundly uninteresting
      individuals.

      - Bob

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, "anton_z1"
      wrote:
      > Seems nothing to do with AI.
      >

      > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, bishop_arsenal
      > wrote:
      > > Why everyone is wrong about NLP...
      > >
      > > Discover why almost everyone is wrong about NLP (neuro-
      > > linguistic programming), seduction, and hypnosis! Learn the
      secrets
      > > of cult leaders and achieve TRUE unlimited power!
      > >
      > > Hi, my name is Jack Ellis. I've been studying seduction,
      NLP,
      > > and hypnosis for years. When I first started I couldn't even
      get
      > > a date! As time went on I started to become successful, but
      > > something was missing.
      > >
      > > Why weren't women getting addicted to me? Why wasn't I
      having
      > > threesomes and moresomes?! I studied and applied all the
      > > techniques but I wasn't obtaining my true desires.
      > >
      > > Then one day I came across a video tape that contained an
      > > interview with Charles Manson. I know what you're thinking!
      > > ''Why would you listen to that nut?!'' But as I watched Charlie
      > > carry on like a maniac, I remembered the fact that this guy, who
      > > spent most of his life in prison, who didn't have a job, who was
      > > over 30, and was about 5'2'' - had TONS of hot young women
      willing
      > > to do anything for him! Can you say that? Can any of
      > > these ''seduction gurus'' say that? Hell no!
      > >
      > > After thinking about this for some time, I collected all the
      > > Manson interviews I could find, as well as books and videos on
      > other
      > > cult leaders. I've been studying this phenomenon for the past
      3
      > > years, and have gathered many of their techniques here in this
      > > document.
      > >
      > > Learn more here:
      > >
      > > http://www.cultsecrets.com

      Message: 2
      Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:33:22 -0700 (PDT)
      From: sudha raman
      Subject: image processing

      Hi all,

      I am looking for some basic image processing
      compresiion matlab programs to understand it
      better..Can any one guide me to get some basic
      available code..

      Thanks,
      sudha

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

      Message: 3
      Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:17:38 -0000
      From: "Po Ulpes"

      Subject: P=NP

      Join the AllStars Orchestra :

      Best...

      Po ;-�)

      Message: 4
      Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:19:53 -0400
      From: Alan Grimes
      Subject: Re: image processing

      sudha raman wrote:

      >Hi all,
      >I am looking for some basic image processing
      >compresiion matlab programs to understand it
      >better..Can any one guide me to get some basic
      >available code..

      I wrote an image processor for Squeak which attempts to emulate what
      little I know about the retina...

      There's nothing much to really understand. It merely performs operations
      on an array of floating point numbers representing the brightness at a
      given pixel.

      I'll send it to you if you want it but you need a full Squeak (
      www.squeak.org ) and a few modifications I made to it during development.

      Message: 5
      Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:40:24 -0400
      From: Alan Grimes
      Subject: Re: P=NP

      Po Ulpes wrote:

      I think that is bullshit.

      I _COLUD_ be wrong.... If there is a solution it is probably also a
      general AI. =P

      I'm far more interested in cybernetics at the moment (and trying to stop
      the world from blowing up) to join your group. =\