Re: inquiry about the significance of fuzzy logic

  • predictorx
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16 6:49 AM
      "einstein_neumann" <einstein_neumann@y...> wrote:
      "i'm only new to the concept of fuzzy logic. I have a question
      regarding its significance. As far as i know, it is based somehow on
      programming concept. Now, for example, given an application of
      determining the height of a person. So, you will classify them from
      tall, slightly tall, medium, slightly short and short. You define a
      range for this classifications.Lets say, tall(6'-above), slightly
      tall(5'5"-6'), etc. Now, we can implement this in a program using If
      then else loop. Now my question is, how and it what way the fuzzy
      logic is more efficient than an if.. then..else program concept."

      The short answer is that the above is not a description of fuzzy
      logic, but of simple binning. See the Usenet comp.ai.fuzzy FAQ for a
      quick fuzzy logic introduction, which one may find at:

      http://www.faqs.org/faqs/fuzzy-logic/part1/

      ...or better yet, try a book like "The Fuzzy Systems Handbook", by
      Earl Cox, ISBN: 0121942708.

      -Predictor
      http://will.dwinnell.com