What has AI acheived yet?
- Hi guys, thanks for your comments WRT complexity theory.
As mentioned I have a personal interest in AI - but I've never
studied it properly. I've just been thinking about it for a while.
I'm trying to figure out what's already been done, and I figure this
is a good place to ask (instead of sorting through 900,000 webpages).
* How good is AI at audio and visual interpretation, compared to us?
* How good is AI at language interpretation?
* How good is AI at general problem solving?
* How good is AI at robotic control?
And the mother of all - do they still reckon they can truly pass the
Turing Test? (Have they already?) :-)
My general impression is that computational AI is good at problem
solving, and robotics, but kinda crap at audio/visual/language
interpretation (anyone REALLY use MS word grammar check?), though
neural networks could help with some of this. Is that a fair comment?
Thanks in advance for your comments.