What has AI acheived yet?

  • theterrifyingblowfly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      Hi guys, thanks for your comments WRT complexity theory.

      As mentioned I have a personal interest in AI - but I've never
      studied it properly. I've just been thinking about it for a while.
      I'm trying to figure out what's already been done, and I figure this
      is a good place to ask (instead of sorting through 900,000 webpages).

      Like:

      * How good is AI at audio and visual interpretation, compared to us?

      * How good is AI at language interpretation?

      * How good is AI at general problem solving?

      * How good is AI at robotic control?

      And the mother of all - do they still reckon they can truly pass the
      Turing Test? (Have they already?) :-)

      My general impression is that computational AI is good at problem
      solving, and robotics, but kinda crap at audio/visual/language
      interpretation (anyone REALLY use MS word grammar check?), though
      neural networks could help with some of this. Is that a fair comment?

      Thanks in advance for your comments.