SCR: The Global Brainweb
- Dear all,
Science & Consciousness Review (www.sci-con.org) has released new
articles and reviews:
The Global Brainweb. An update on Global Workspace Theory
By Bernard J. Baars
"Global Workspace theory suggests that consciousness enables
multiple networks to cooperate and compete in solving problems, such
as retrieval of specific items from immediate memory. The overall
function of consciousness is to provide widespread access, which in
turn may serve functions of coordination and control. Consciousness
is the gateway to the brain, enabling control even of single neurons
and whole neuronal populations"
- Stages of memory described in a new study.
- Restoring Recall: Memories may form and reform, with sleep
- Selective frontal, parietal, and temporal networks in generalized
- The "Dreamy State": John Hughlings-Jackson's Ideas of Epilepsy and
- PLOS Biology launches Open access journal hits the web with a
See NEWS IN BRIEF at: http://sci-con.org/more_news.html
VISIT OUR ARCHIVE
Science & Consciousness Review can now be found at www.sci-con.org.
SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTION
For students, teachers, scientists, and all other fans of
consciousness... Send your news summaries to us.
See more at:
Thomas Zoëga Ramsøy
* Junior Research Fellow
Danish Research Centre for Magnetic Resonance
MR Department, Section 340
Copenhagen University Hospital, Hvidovre
Kettegaard Allé 30
Science & Consciousness Review