Re: [Artificial Intelligence Group] AI language

  • CAMBO9@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2003
      In a message dated 10/22/2003 7:36:28 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
      alangrimes@... writes:

      > > Hi,
      > > I'm new to this group. Does anyone know of any literature about an AI
      > > computer language or an AI OS? I mean a language or an OS built from
      > > scratch for the purpose of creating AI applications.

      Elmer Dela Cruz

      Welcome to the group....I am interested in hearing your explanation of the
      bridge between an OS and a Natural Language Processing, programing language that
      builds EXPERT systems.

      Nicholas

      <A HREF="www.cambo1.com">VISIT MY WEB SITE FOR MORE INFO.</A>
      After years of R&D in AI, Knowledge engineering/normalization, <A HREF="http://www.pcai.com/Paid/Issues/PCAI-Online-Issues/17.2_OL/New_Folder/LOH528/17.2_PA/PCAI-17.2-Paid-pg.41-Art4.htm">multi-EXPERT
      system</A> design and 5th generation programming language design.....I have been
      successful at demonstrating my work in the real, practical, world of corporate
      business.......a Methodology to Normalize Knowledge.

      Nicholas J. Zendelbach
      Knowledge is a person's understanding of how the world around them operates.

      Chief Technologist
      International Cognitive Computing
      5640 East Shea Boulevard
      Century Country Club Estates
      Scottsdale, Arizona
      Lab: 480-948-9240
      email: cambo9@...
      web: <A HREF="www.cambo1.com">www.cambo1.com</A>

      The following PCAI magazine articles detail the success of my work.

      The IDC Story: The First Successful AI Based Multi-Expert System In Arizona.

      Examine a multi-expert system generator, Rose Navigator, and an Enterprise
      Resource Plan to help manage the need for human engineers against the
      dynamics of customer expectations and orders.
      Pages: 39 through 45, also pages 1 and 5.

      <A HREF="www.pcai.com/web/6171/523.17.2/MultiES.htm">www.pcai.com/web/6171/523.17.2/MultiES.htm</A>
      COPY and PASTE to BROWSER

      "Multi-Expert System Generators: Solving the Mystery of Normalizing
      Knowledge" are on pages: 39 through 45, also pages 1 and 5.

      17.2 Full Issue - Web Access:
      <A HREF="www.pcai.com/web/6171/523.17.2/pcaib.htm">www.pcai.com/web/6171/523.17.2/pcaib.htm</A>
      COPY and PASTE to BROWSER

      Career Profile CV <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/cambo9/myhomepage/index.html">click here</A>.

    • Alan Grimes
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2003
        Elmer Dela Cruz wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I'm new to this group. Does anyone know of any literature about an AI
        > computer language or an AI OS? I mean a language or an OS built from
        > scratch for the purpose of creating AI applications.

        There have been several attempts, (prolog, lisp)... Both good general
        purpose tools but generally "AI languages" are misguided.

        On the OS side, any sufficiently powerful OS will do.
        Unix does not fit that category... At this time I reccomend QNX.

        --
        Windows 3.11: Almost exactly 10 years old,
        and -400% slower than windows XP. ;)

        http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/
      • Elmer Dela Cruz
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2003
          Hi Nicholas,

          Actually what I had in mind was the idea of creating a custom operating
          environment for intelligent systems/applications. Feature-wise, this
          environment need not be completely different from the conventional
          operating systems existing today. The only differences maybe the
          addition of features such as the example given below:

          /"If an OS has the ability to rebuild applications through an API call,
          I can write a program that can modify itself at runtime, probably
          changing its behaviour based on some input data it had collected. But
          implementation of this capability will affect some aspects of the
          operating system, e.g. its security, so something may have to be done on
          the architecture to allow such feature without sacrificing other
          operating system features. This may even require us to re-define the
          processes of a program's life-cycle (e.g.
          modification-recompilation-execution), and so comes the idea of writing
          a custom computer language for creating such programs that behave
          differently."/

          I have other things in mind but to summarize, they're just a set of
          features which I think are not available in existing systems (or maybe
          I'm just unaware).

          I'm new to this AI field so pardon me if anyone thinks this is a stupid
          idea, anyway it's just an idea. But I would appreciate if anyone can
          provide any related literature.

          Regards,
          Elmer

        • Alan Grimes
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2003
            > /"If an OS has the ability to rebuild applications through an API call,
            > I can write a program that can modify itself at runtime, probably
            > changing its behaviour based on some input data it had collected. But
            > implementation of this capability will affect some aspects of the
            > operating system, e.g. its security, so something may have to be done
            > on the architecture to allow such feature without sacrificing other
            > operating system features. This may even require us to re-define the
            > processes of a program's life-cycle (e.g.
            > modification-recompilation-execution), and so comes the idea of writing
            > a custom computer language for creating such programs that behave
            > differently."/

            It sounds like you are talking about metaprogramming.

            This is frequently done in LISP but in that language it is usually
            called "macros"... -- A lisp 'macro' is a type of metapgrogram.

            On the systems level, I have my own design called the Sphere Operating
            System. The principle application of Sphere is the dynamic configuration
            of pre-fab software components at runtime to elegantly create a solution
            with the minimal ammount of expertise...

            Sphere also offers a highly adaptable basic security abstraction that is
            ideal for AI, at least in the early stages -- untill the problems of AI
            safety are adiquately addressed.