BNJ: Bayesian Networks in Java v2.02 alpha released!
- Dear colleagues,
Since returning from UAI-2003 and IJCAI-2003, where BNJ was
demonstrated, we are pleased to announce the first alpha release of
BNJ Version 2 (v2.02, 20 Aug 2003).
Below is a list of changes:
* Probabilistic Relational Model (PRM) infrastructure
* Preliminary PRM learning
* Inference and learning wizards
* Several reported errors corrected
* GUI-based utilities are now linked from the main GUI
* Many packages renamed for standardization
* Can now save and load data from Microsoft Excel files
* For this release, the GUI does not work properly yet. Currently,
it provides some wizards for learning and inference and allows
loading and display of networks.
Meanwhile, please use the command-line version for full
* Some options in the learning wizard are not done yet.
You can only use K2 and the genetic wrapper for structure learning
from the learning wizard. However, all of the learning routines
should be accessible through the command line.
The GUI editor is still under development; however, for increased
ease-of-use, the learning and inference wizards have been completed.
As always, you can download BNJ from:
BNJ is implemented in 100% pure Java (J2EE JDK 1.4) and is free
software distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
BNJ v2 includes an interconversion tool among Hugin, Netica, and
several other file formats for graphical models, as well as a new,
standalone, GUI-driven application for exchanging data with a
relational database (to and from flat files in text or spreadsheet
William H. Hsu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of CIS, Kansas State University
Director, Lab for Knowledge Discovery in Databases
http://www.kddresearch.org ICQ: 28651394
Trillian [AIM/YIM/MSN]: hsuwh