Graph-theoretic approaches to data analysis

  • Leo Grady
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Cognitive and Neural Systems department at
      Boston University, expecting to defend my thesis in August (i.e., 2003).
      My research has focused on the application of analogies between graph
      theory and vector calculus to the analysis of data associated with the
      node set of a graph. Specifically, this research was carried out in the
      context of biologically inspired, space-variant machine vision, although
      it is not tied to any notion of dimension, and therefore applies to
      problems in data clustering, computer graphics, etc. Since our department
      was founded by Stephen Grossberg, I have necessarily had a lot of exposure
      to neural networks, as well. Our lab webpage (Computer Vision and
      Computational Neuroscience Laboratory) is at http://eslab.bu.edu, if
      anybody is interested (feedback is always welcomed).

      Since my graduation date is rapidly approaching, I was wondering if
      anybody reading this list was aware of job opportunities that might fit my
      experience, had any constructive criticism of my resume or any general
      advice in pursuing my job hunt. I have attached my resume to this mail in
      a .pdf format. My career interests span a large space, including
      traditional signal processing, pattern analysis, robotics, medical
      imaging, biotechnology, and machine vision, among others.

      I have submitted two papers and am currently in the final stages of
      preparing four others. In addition, I have written a MATLAB toolbox that
      manipulates graphs and incorporates existing graph-based processing
      algorithms, as well as the new algorithms I have developed in the course
      of my thesis work. I am willing to provide preprints of any of these
      documents (including my thesis), as well as the software.

      Thank you very much,
      Leo Grady