Re: News from Science & Consciousness Review

  • Drnath <stargate777yyy@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 27, 2003
      thanks for the information
      i did found the links interesting ,this site has a usefull database
      and i took the liberty to bookmark it under the neurologic section of
      my study group
      thank again
      -
      -- In artificialintelligencegroup@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Zoëga

    • ramsoy@tiscali.dk
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 5, 2003
        Dear member of this list,

        Science & Consciousness Review ( http://psych.pomona.edu/scr ) has released
        new articles and reviews:
        _______________________

        EDITORIAL REVIEW --- FOURTH COMMENTARY ON CRICK & KOCH

        A computer-based model of Crick and Koch’s Framework for Consciousness
        By Stan Franklin

        "Crick and Koch explain that a framework must not be confused with a set of
        hypotheses. Rather a framework for consciousness offers a point of view from
        which to address the problems of consciousness. It’s intended to guide
        research. A good framework should fit within current scientific knowledge
        reasonably well and should be roughly correct." In this fourth commentary on
        the Crick & Koch framework article, Stan Franklin implements their views in
        Artificial Intelligence.

        Full text at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/editorials/20030301.html

        *** In February and March 2003, Science & Consciousness Review publishes
        editorial commentaries
        on Crick & Koch's recent article in Nature Neuroscience.
        _______________________

        LATEST HEADLINES

        - Memory for rejected distractors in visual search?
        - Using inattentional blindness as an operational definition of unattended:
        The case of surface completion
        - BOOK: Attention and Implicit Learning
        - BOOK REVIEWS From Metapsychology
        - Love arises in the unconscious

        See NEWS IN BRIEF at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/more_news.html
        _______________________

        PREVIOUS ARTICLES

        Consciousness lost: The lightning storm of seizures
        at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/news/articles/20030102.html

        Changing or escaping the self
        at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/news/articles/20030101.html

        Are we ever unconscious?
        at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/news/articles/20021201.html

        Visit our archives at:
        http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/archive.html
        _______________________

        SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTION

        For students, teachers, scientists, and all other fans of consciousness...
        Send your news summaries to us.

        See more at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/author_instructions.html

        Sincerely,

        Thomas Zoëga Ramsøy
        Managing Editor
      • Thomas Zoëga Ramsøy
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 19, 2003
          Science & Consciousness Review ( http://psych.pomona.edu/scr ) has released
          new articles and reviews:
          _______________________

          EDITORIAL REVIEW --- FIFTH COMMENTARY ON CRICK & KOCH

          The 10 point framework and the altogether too hard basket
          - By Colin Hales

          The large footprints of the Crick/Koch duo at the frontier of knowledge can
          be a little daunting, which is why I was concerned at the very first
          paragraph of “A Framework for Consciousness” (1). It says that qualia are
          too hard and ‘it appears fruitless to approach them head on’. Qualia are
          then tacitly assumed emergent from the framework presented. I know the work
          is entitled ‘A’ framework, not ‘The’ framework, but from Crick and Koch it
          read a little like “Qualia cannot be approached from outside the framework”.
          I don’t think this was the intent, but it may be that the plausible
          explanation they need is stopped by the framework.

          Full text at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/editorials/20030302.html

          See more commentaries of the Crick & Koch article at:
          http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/ww_framework.html
          _______________________

          LATEST HEADLINES

          - NEW ISSUE - TICS
          - Psychology professor maps choice-making in the brain
          - Do dogs have minds?
          - Developmental prosopagnosia: A study of three patients
          - The three vectors of consciousness and their disturbances after brain
          injury

          See NEWS IN BRIEF at: http://psych.pomona.edu/scr/more_news.html

          ALL PREVIOUS ARTICLES ARE FREELY AVAILABLE IN OUR ARCHIVE!