Re: good old fashion AI article?

  • nettron1000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nukleon <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Interesting points (I also disagree with some bits) and a working
      > prototype for a change.
      > I ran the prototype and it did show some improvement after a few
      > quick games. Pitty it doesn't have an option to let it play itself
      > in an unsupervised mode. Left it alone for a while and it hangged
      > with a strange error pop-up.
      >
      > Still, good to see someone come up with more than just concepts.
      >
      > I'm not keen on modelling the way biological animals 'think' as a
      > methodology, but until I come up with a prototype defending my own
      > ideas I'm not going to spend too much time defending this or that
      > concept.
      >
      > Nice read though, thanks for the link Nettron.
      >
      > Nukleon
      >
      > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nettron1000
      <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nettron1000
      > <no_reply@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > I came across this article on the web which many may find
      quite
      > > > intersting,it has to do with the present,past and future of
      > > > artificial intelligence and how it has failed.
      > > > Ive read it through and it makes alot of sense to me, though
      > there
      > > > are some points i disagree with.
      > > > Give it a read and see what you think.
      > > > http://home1.gte.net/res02khr/AI/Temporal_Intelligence.html
      > > >
      > > > Nettron.
      > > http://home1.gte.net/res02khr/AI/Temporal_Intelligence.htm

      My thoughts exactly, great to see some proof of concept,although i
      would prefer it to be in hardware rather than software.
      I had that same problem when i ran Animel, it worked for a short
      while then it just stopped and a error message appeared...program has
      performed an elligel operation and will be shut down..., i got that
      same message everytime i ran it.Well i guess it has some bugs to be
      ironed out.
      There is another program called CEMAC based on the Marr/Albus theory
      of cerebellum function that has actually bin used in a real robot,
      there is a site with info on this that i once visited but i dont know
      the URL right off, i'll post it when i find it again.

      Nettron