Re: good old fashion AI article?

  • nukleon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2002
      Interesting points (I also disagree with some bits) and a working
      prototype for a change.
      I ran the prototype and it did show some improvement after a few
      quick games. Pitty it doesn't have an option to let it play itself
      in an unsupervised mode. Left it alone for a while and it hangged
      with a strange error pop-up.

      Still, good to see someone come up with more than just concepts.

      I'm not keen on modelling the way biological animals 'think' as a
      methodology, but until I come up with a prototype defending my own
      ideas I'm not going to spend too much time defending this or that
      concept.

      Nice read though, thanks for the link Nettron.

      Nukleon

      --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nettron1000 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nettron1000
      <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > I came across this article on the web which many may find quite
      > > intersting,it has to do with the present,past and future of
      > > artificial intelligence and how it has failed.
      > > Ive read it through and it makes alot of sense to me, though
      there
      > > are some points i disagree with.
      > > Give it a read and see what you think.
      > > http://home1.gte.net/res02khr/AI/Temporal_Intelligence.html
      > >
      > > Nettron.
      > http://home1.gte.net/res02khr/AI/Temporal_Intelligence.htm
    • nettron1000
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
        --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nukleon <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Interesting points (I also disagree with some bits) and a working
        > prototype for a change.
        > I ran the prototype and it did show some improvement after a few
        > quick games. Pitty it doesn't have an option to let it play itself
        > in an unsupervised mode. Left it alone for a while and it hangged
        > with a strange error pop-up.
        >
        > Still, good to see someone come up with more than just concepts.
        >
        > I'm not keen on modelling the way biological animals 'think' as a
        > methodology, but until I come up with a prototype defending my own
        > ideas I'm not going to spend too much time defending this or that
        > concept.
        >
        > Nice read though, thanks for the link Nettron.
        >
        > Nukleon
        >
        > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nettron1000
        <no_reply@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > --- In artificialintelligencegroup@y..., nettron1000
        > <no_reply@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > > I came across this article on the web which many may find
        quite
        > > > intersting,it has to do with the present,past and future of
        > > > artificial intelligence and how it has failed.
        > > > Ive read it through and it makes alot of sense to me, though
        > there
        > > > are some points i disagree with.
        > > > Give it a read and see what you think.
        > > > http://home1.gte.net/res02khr/AI/Temporal_Intelligence.html
        > > >
        > > > Nettron.
        > > http://home1.gte.net/res02khr/AI/Temporal_Intelligence.htm

        My thoughts exactly, great to see some proof of concept,although i
        would prefer it to be in hardware rather than software.
        I had that same problem when i ran Animel, it worked for a short
        while then it just stopped and a error message appeared...program has
        performed an elligel operation and will be shut down..., i got that
        same message everytime i ran it.Well i guess it has some bugs to be
        ironed out.
        There is another program called CEMAC based on the Marr/Albus theory
        of cerebellum function that has actually bin used in a real robot,
        there is a site with info on this that i once visited but i dont know
        the URL right off, i'll post it when i find it again.

        Nettron