Well that's odd...

  • albertw.rm
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2002
      ...my post containing the questions didn't show up. Well, here they
      are again:

      1) I have heard that genetic programming is sometimes used in
      artificial intelligence programs to derive new problem solving
      techniques. Could you explain to me how genetic programming works?
      2) How do computers process heuristics?
      3) Have you worked on any programs employing artificial
      intelligence? If so, could you provide a brief description of the
      artificial intelligence methods you employed?
      4) What knowledge do you have of existing artificial intelligence
      programs?
      5) How important is an element of randomness to an artificial
      intelligence program?
      6) Could you give an example of a function that might be employed in
      an artificial intelligence program?
      7) I have heard of artificial intelligence programs that claim to be
      able to reason, such as The Logic Theorist and Eurisko. What are
      some of the programming concepts that these programs are based on?
      8) Surely you know of "Cyc". Could you explain its reasoning
      capability in terms of programming?
      9) I know that there are simple programs that emulate artificial
      intelligence, such as ELIZA. Could you explain how such programs
      work in-depth?
      10) Gaming artificial intelligence is of interest to many people.
      Could you explain how an artificial intelligence script in, say, a
      first-person shooter game might work?

      Please answer at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much.