Well that's odd...
- ...my post containing the questions didn't show up. Well, here they
1) I have heard that genetic programming is sometimes used in
artificial intelligence programs to derive new problem solving
techniques. Could you explain to me how genetic programming works?
2) How do computers process heuristics?
3) Have you worked on any programs employing artificial
intelligence? If so, could you provide a brief description of the
artificial intelligence methods you employed?
4) What knowledge do you have of existing artificial intelligence
5) How important is an element of randomness to an artificial
6) Could you give an example of a function that might be employed in
an artificial intelligence program?
7) I have heard of artificial intelligence programs that claim to be
able to reason, such as The Logic Theorist and Eurisko. What are
some of the programming concepts that these programs are based on?
8) Surely you know of "Cyc". Could you explain its reasoning
capability in terms of programming?
9) I know that there are simple programs that emulate artificial
intelligence, such as ELIZA. Could you explain how such programs
10) Gaming artificial intelligence is of interest to many people.
Could you explain how an artificial intelligence script in, say, a
first-person shooter game might work?
Please answer at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much.