computer perception VS. human perception

  • trokfest
    Message 1 of 1398 , Feb 5, 2002
      Is it the correct path to try to emulate human
      perception via a computer?<br><br>Are we creating artificial
      intelligence or are we just emulating are perceptions of
      intelligence?<br><br>Is the turing(sp?) test flawed because it measures
      AI based on human perception?<br><br>Science can
      only map our perception of reality so there for it is
      highly biased. I think real AI will come when we
      abandone conventional thought on how the brain works.
      Message 1398 of 1398 , Aug 19 6:49 PM