Re: A retort to al0nz0tg

  • al0nz0tg
    Message 1 of 1398 , Apr 25 7:46 AM
      """<br>It appears to me that you are using vague
      jargon in place of actual knowledge and understanding.
      a framework for my own understanding that involves
      the sequential steps of hypothesizing, testing, and
      refining. If my terms seem vague its because they are
      filling the place of more 'crystaline' concepts.
      Screaming at me to give you a perfect set definition is a
      superb way of wasting your time. Why? DO YOU REALLY WANT
      TO KNOW WHY? (and I'm assuming you don't.) The
      problem is in words themselves, not the ones I choose nor
      how I define them. The problems in defining terms
      that you are chiding me for are not my fault at all,
      My problems come directly from the insistance that
      words to do things the cannot! <br><br>At the time I
      successfully complete my project (I'm being optomistic, excuse
      me), all you will ever see from me is a circuit board
      and a text with code examples of how to get the
      circuit board to solve varrious cybernetic problems.
      There will not be any concepts or bold clarrified
      definitions, just whatever I find convenient in explaining my
      device. The only thing in either the device or its
      accompanying text that could possibly meet your requirements
      for an unequivocal definition is the actual
      schematics of the device and the listing of the source-code
      (if any) that it runs. <br><br>So now I give you a
      choice. You can either continue to dick around with
      definitions to the exclusion of any and all real progress.
      (In which case I will leave this club in disgust.)
      of the brain and develop a mathematicly precice
      theory of how it works and then build a practical
      implementation of that theory. Even if my ideas are absurd,
      there is still one criticaly important idea that I
      insist you take from this posting. That is the
      observation that words and classifications are inherantly
      meaningless. And that your best advice is to abandon all
      attempts to discover hidden meaning, which doesn't exist.
      the analysis of the physicaly measurable properties
      of the brain. For example: <br><br>Is the data on
      the optic nerve formatted? If so, how?<br><br>Only
      questions such as this will carry our work forward.
      Message 1398 of 1398 , Aug 19, 2005