Re: Evolutionary Algorithm for PC Robot

  • Spider_Plant9
    Message 1 of 1398 , Apr 1, 2001
      So, let me get this strate. You are going to take
      that robot and tell it to read the light intensity of
      still pics and tell it to go toward a bright light
      source.<br><br>If that is the case you simply write a program that
      looks at the intensity of a light source if it hits the
      threshold for all bands (RGB) then it moves in a "random"
      direction and takes another picture. Then it compares the
      two pictures and compares the change in intensity of
      the bands. If the intensity changes equally accord to
      the inverse square law it either move toward or away
      else it can judge the distance using paralax and move
      toward the intesity of light.<br><br>To tell it what to
      do..<br><br>Light source is known and all it needs to do is move
      toward the light. The grid mapping system is a nice way
      for it to calculate distances and what not. Now,
      knowing distances you need to teach this thing how to
      walk and check its progress. This could be done by the
      scetch process. This would be using small very well
      known movements to path out a new movement.
      Understanding that you'll have to program a monocular
      directional/distance/speed cueing in order for it to record and store the
      new segments of movement data it is
      aquiring.<br><br>This incase you haven't noticed is what a toddler does
      when he/she walks across the room and falls down, gets
      back up walks then falls again.<br><br>Spider_plant9 -
      Developemental psychology is good for stuff like this.
      Message 1398 of 1398 , Aug 19 6:49 PM