1490Re: the quest for om.

  • kanonw
    Jul 2, 2002
      Please excuse my sarcasm below, and don't take me seriously. I
      certainly don't take myself seriously.

      I like this. IBM is spending $100 million and 5 years to build a
      computer that will cover 2000 sq. ft, hold 1 million processors,
      pushing 1 Peta-flop (1,000,000,000,000,000 calculations/second) so
      that they can simulate protein folding (which the human body does in
      less than a second and millions of times per day) and you guys want
      to start with something "relatively simple," like modeling an entire
      organism while it evolves.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic