Re: [arthurian_comixlist] Justice League 3000?

  • Blog Editor, The Society for the Study of
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2013
      Jason,

      Thanks for the updates. I've been following *Fables *since the beginning
      and been very intrigued by all of Willingham's (sp?) nods to the legend,
      though (I guess) its no surprise given his use of Arthurian characters in *
      Elementals*.

      Michael

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 19, 2015
        List members,

        I know we had a brief discussion of the Justice League 3000 series earlier in the year, and I was wondering if Arthur seems to be a Once and Future King or merely transplanted to the future. I've only seen a few issues and don't a good sense of the context.

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2015
          I've read every issue to date, and so far nothing's been explained.  The involvement of Etrigan makes me think that these are the "real" Arthur, Guinevere, etc., whether transplanted or reincarnated (or cloned, or replicated), rather than future-people who've simply assumed their names and roles, but that's really just a guess on my part.

          I'm still wondering if there will eventually be a tie-in of some sort to "Camelot 3000", besides the obvious nod suggested by the similar titles (and time-frames).

          Alan