Justice League 3000?

  • Blog Editor, The Society for the Study of
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18 2:48 PM
      List members,

      I notice DC has solicited a series called *Justice League 3000* for the
      fall. Any suggestion that this will tie in to *Camelot 3000*?

      The Alliance for the Promotion of Research on the Matter of Britain
      Michael A Torregrossa, Founder
      http://KingArthurForever.org

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18 4:05 PM
        Justice League 3000, in fact, appears to be a replacement for Legion of Super Heroes. It stars 31st century versions of Superman, Wonder Woman, and so on, and was originally going to be done by the legendary JLA team of Giffen, De Matteis and McGuire until McGuire was unceremoniously fired this week and replaced with Porter.

        However, the latest story arc in Fables is titled "Camelot" and presumably will feature the Round Table prominently, though the first issue was mostly build up.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18 4:44 PM
          Jason,

          Thanks for the updates. I've been following *Fables *since the beginning
          and been very intrigued by all of Willingham's (sp?) nods to the legend,
          though (I guess) its no surprise given his use of Arthurian characters in *
          Elementals*.

          Michael

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 19 5:45 PM
            List members,

            I know we had a brief discussion of the Justice League 3000 series earlier in the year, and I was wondering if Arthur seems to be a Once and Future King or merely transplanted to the future. I've only seen a few issues and don't a good sense of the context.

            Thanks,

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 19 7:02 PM
              I've read every issue to date, and so far nothing's been explained.  The involvement of Etrigan makes me think that these are the "real" Arthur, Guinevere, etc., whether transplanted or reincarnated (or cloned, or replicated), rather than future-people who've simply assumed their names and roles, but that's really just a guess on my part.

              I'm still wondering if there will eventually be a tie-in of some sort to "Camelot 3000", besides the obvious nod suggested by the similar titles (and time-frames).

              Alan