Re: List Relevance?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2011
      Michael, everyone,

      The list has been quiet. But there are plenty of Arthurian comics out there,
      and plenty of other scholars and fans reading them and discussing them.

      Perhaps we have just gotten out of the habit of using the list? I recently
      read a "Arthur in the wild west" trade called Caliber, and now that I think
      on it, maybe we should have been discussing it here?

      Mike, the weight of the list has always fallen on you. We can try to get
      more (newer) people onto this list, which would help with activity, and we
      could set up some kind of discussion guidelines, but ultimately I think the
      list's future is up to you. If you want it to continue, then continue it
      shall. And we can work on ways to make it more fun and useful. But if you
      think you want to close it down, well, you certainly have put plenty of work
      into it and shutting down is your right!

      Not super helpful, I know. I do think the list could be more useful. But I
      think it needs some fresh faces; we need to try to include more of the
      people currently writing and talking about these books. And we could perhaps
      benefit from some kind of semi-formal, "When a new book comes out, we start
      a discussion thread on it" organization.

      Cheers,
      Jason

      --
      doctorcomics.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 27, 2011
        Hi, Jason.

        Many thanks for your reply. Actually, we did discuss Caliber at least
        briefly when it came out. Details are in the archives at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arthurian_comixlist/msearch?query=caliber&submit=Search&charset=ISO-8859-1,
        and
        I believe I blogged it as well. It is an interesting take on the legend.

        Michael