List Relevance?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
      Dear list members,

      The lists seems to have been fairly dead of late, and I am wondering if
      there are still relevant to you and your studies of popular medievalism.

      Please give me some feedback, or I will close down the listservs.

      Michael

      PS. Let me know if anyone is interested in presenting in Boston in late May
      at ALA on American medievalisms? I need to submit paperwork ASAP.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2011
        Michael, everyone,

        The list has been quiet. But there are plenty of Arthurian comics out there,
        and plenty of other scholars and fans reading them and discussing them.

        Perhaps we have just gotten out of the habit of using the list? I recently
        read a "Arthur in the wild west" trade called Caliber, and now that I think
        on it, maybe we should have been discussing it here?

        Mike, the weight of the list has always fallen on you. We can try to get
        more (newer) people onto this list, which would help with activity, and we
        could set up some kind of discussion guidelines, but ultimately I think the
        list's future is up to you. If you want it to continue, then continue it
        shall. And we can work on ways to make it more fun and useful. But if you
        think you want to close it down, well, you certainly have put plenty of work
        into it and shutting down is your right!

        Not super helpful, I know. I do think the list could be more useful. But I
        think it needs some fresh faces; we need to try to include more of the
        people currently writing and talking about these books. And we could perhaps
        benefit from some kind of semi-formal, "When a new book comes out, we start
        a discussion thread on it" organization.

        Cheers,
        Jason

        --
        doctorcomics.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2011
          Hi, Jason.

          Many thanks for your reply. Actually, we did discuss Caliber at least
          briefly when it came out. Details are in the archives at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arthurian_comixlist/msearch?query=caliber&submit=Search&charset=ISO-8859-1,
          and
          I believe I blogged it as well. It is an interesting take on the legend.

          Michael