Medievalism at Plymouth State?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2010
      List members,

      I am planning on submitting a paper for the Medieval and Renaissance Forum
      next April (details below) and was hoping that we might organize a panel. P
      lease let me know if you are interested.

      Michael

      Medieval and Renaissance Forum

      Subscribe to feed Share this page
      Call for Papers
      Plymouth State University
      32nd Annual Medieval and Renaissance Forum

      Friday and Saturday April 15-16, 2011

      Call for Papers and Sessions

      �Love, Friendship, Marriage�

      We invite abstracts in medieval and Early Modern studies that consider how
      secular and religious love, affection, and devotion were perceived and
      expressed in a variety of contexts.

      Papers need not be confined to the theme, but may cover many aspects of
      medieval and Renaissance life, literature, languages, art, philosophy,
      theology, history and music. Student sessions with faculty sponsorship
      welcome.

      This year�s keynote speaker is Dr. Thomas Luxon, Professor of English and
      Cheheyl Professor and Director of the Dartmouth Center for the Advancement
      of Learning at Dartmouth College. Dr. Luxon has published widely on Milton,
      Shakespeare, and Early Modern England. He is the author of Single
      Imperfection: Milton, Marriage and Friendship (Duquesne University Press,
      2005), and Literal Figures: Puritan Allegory and the Reformation Crisis in
      Representation (The University of Chicago Press, 1995), and the
      creator/editor of The Milton Reading Room, a web edition of Milton�s poetry
      and selected prose.

      The conference will conclude with a lesson in Renaissance dance and a
      performance by the Ken Pierce Dance Company.

      Students, faculty, and independent scholars are welcome.

      For more information visit
      www.plymouth.edu/events/medieval-and-renaissance-forum/

      Please submit abstracts and full contact information (email and post mail
      addresses) to Dr. Karolyn Kinane at PSUForum@...

      Or via US mail:
      Dr. Karolyn Kinane, Director
      Medieval and Renaissance Forum

      Dept. of English MSC 40

      17 High Street
      Plymouth State University
      Plymouth, NH 03264

      Abstract deadline: January 21, 2011
      Presenters and early registration: March 15, 2011

      Please send any further inquiries to:
      Dr. Karolyn Kinane PSUForum@...