Society eJournal

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
      List members,

      I am still investigating the possibilities of an ejournal for the society
      and would appreciate any advice and offers to serve on the editorial board.
      My feeling is that most scholarship on popular medievalism
      is neither accessible to nor able to be accessed by the majority
      of enthusiasts (both academic and nonacademic) and would envision the
      ejournal as a step towards rectifying these issues.

      You may also post comments to the blog at
      http://popularcultureandthemiddleages.blogspot.com/2010/09/society-ejournal.html

      Thanks,

    • Berthelot, Anne
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
        Well, Michael, I don’t know much about managing an e-journal, but I am willing to serve on the editorial board, if you need volunteers.
        On another note: I am still looking for one person for the “Merlin: (Forms of) Discourse” session of the SIAM at Kalamazoo next year. If you are interested or know people who would be, do not hesitate to let me know!
        Best,
        Anne

        On 9/2/10 4:07 PM, "List Moderator, The Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages" <popcultandmiddleages.moderator@...> wrote:

        List members,

        I am still investigating the possibilities of an ejournal for the society
        and would appreciate any advice and offers to serve on the editorial board.
        My feeling is that most scholarship on popular medievalism
        is neither accessible to nor able to be accessed by the majority
        of enthusiasts (both academic and nonacademic) and would envision the
        ejournal as a step towards rectifying these issues.

        You may also post comments to the blog at
        http://popularcultureandthemiddleages.blogspot.com/2010/09/society-ejournal.html

        Thanks,
        Michael

        ____________
        Anne Berthelot
        Prof. of French & Medieval Studies
        Associate Head, M&CL Dept
        Co-Chair, French & Francophone Studies
        Graduate Advisor for French
        Modern & Classical Languages Dept
        University of Connecticut
        ARJ 222
        Ph. (860) 486-3314 (dept)
        Cell (860) 463-7264 (direct)
        Fax (860) 486-4392
        anne.berthelot@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2, 2010
          I would be delighted to help with editorial duties.

          I am no expert with online journals and keep only a humble blog. But I would
          not mind learning, and I think I know enough people who -do- that sort of
          thing that maybe I could get the patient help I would need to navigate my
          way.

          So yes, please, I would love to be involved.

          On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Berthelot, Anne <anne.berthelot@...>wrote:

          > Well, Michael, I don�t know much about managing an e-journal, but I am
          > willing to serve on the editorial board, if you need volunteers.
          > On another note: I am still looking for one person for the �Merlin: (Forms
          > of) Discourse� session of the SIAM at Kalamazoo next year. If you are
          > interested or know people who would be, do not hesitate to let me know!
          > Best,
          > Anne
          >

          > On 9/2/10 4:07 PM, "List Moderator, The Society for the Study of Popular
          > Culture and the Middle Ages" <popcultandmiddleages.moderator@...>
          > wrote:
          >

          > List members,
          >
          > I am still investigating the possibilities of an ejournal for the society
          > and would appreciate any advice and offers to serve on the editorial board.
          > My feeling is that most scholarship on popular medievalism
          > is neither accessible to nor able to be accessed by the majority
          > of enthusiasts (both academic and nonacademic) and would envision the
          > ejournal as a step towards rectifying these issues.
          >
          > You may also post comments to the blog at
          >
          > http://popularcultureandthemiddleages.blogspot.com/2010/09/society-ejournal.html
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Michael
          >
          > ____________
          > Anne Berthelot
          > Prof. of French & Medieval Studies
          > Associate Head, M&CL Dept
          > Co-Chair, French & Francophone Studies
          > Graduate Advisor for French
          > Modern & Classical Languages Dept
          > University of Connecticut
          > ARJ 222
          > Ph. (860) 486-3314 (dept)
          > Cell (860) 463-7264 (direct)
          > Fax (860) 486-4392
          > anne.berthelot@...

          doctorcomics.blogspot.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2010
            Many thanks to Jason and Anne for their offers to help.

            Michael

          • Dominick Grace
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2010
              Hi, Michael, I have no experience with such things but would be wiling to help out in whatever was(s) I could.

              Dom

              > I am still investigating the possibilities of an ejournal for
              > the society
              > and would appreciate any advice and offers to serve on the
              > editorial board.
              > My feeling is that most scholarship on popular medievalism
              > is neither accessible to nor able to be accessed by the majority
              > of enthusiasts (both academic and nonacademic) and would
              > envision the
              > ejournal as a step towards rectifying these issues.
              >
              > You may also post comments to the blog at
              > http://popularcultureandthemiddleages.blogspot.com/2010/09/society-ejournal.html
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Michael
              >
              > --
              > Michael A. Torregrossa, Listserv Moderator/ Blog Editor
              > The Virtual Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the
              > Middle Ages
              > Michael A Torregrossa and Carl James Grindley, Co-Founders
              > http://PopularCultureandtheMiddleAges.org

            • Laurie
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 6, 2010
                Hi,

                I know I'm new around here, as a librarian I am a huge supporter of open access peer reviewed journals. I think it's a great idea and would be happy to help in any way that I can.

                Laurie

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
                  Many thanks to Dominick and Laurie for their input.

                  Does the list recommend a general medievalism ejournal or (given our own
                  interests) one on medievalism and one on Arthuriana?

                  Michael

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
                    Let's start with one, maybe...
                    Anne

                    On 9/7/10 12:35 PM, "List Moderator, The Society for the Study of Popular
                    wrote:

                    > Many thanks to Dominick and Laurie for their input.
                    >
                    > Does the list recommend a general medievalism ejournal or (given our own
                    > interests) one on medievalism and one on Arthuriana?
                    >
                    > Michael
                    >

                    > On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Laurie <rieburgandy@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >> Hi,
                    >>
                    >> I know I'm new around here, as a librarian I am a huge supporter of open
                    >> access peer reviewed journals. I think it's a great idea and would be happy
                    >> to help in any way that I can.
                    >>
                    >> Laurie
                    >>

                    >> --- In
                    >> arthurian_comixlist@yahoogroups.com<arthurian_comixlist%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    >> Dominick Grace <dgrace2@...> wrote:
                    >>>
                    >>> Hi, Michael, I have no experience with such things but would be wiling to
                    >> help out in whatever was(s) I could.
                    >>>
                    >>> Dom

                    Co-Chair, French and Francophone Studies
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
                      I think filling a journal with useful content is easiest when it's
                      subject is broader rather than narrow. So I say medievalisms in
                      general, and I hope comics are included in that, else I will have
                      nothing to contribute!

                      On Sep 7, 2010, at 9:35 AM, "List Moderator, The Society for the Study

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 7, 2010
                        Anne and Jason,

                        Thanks for your input. One it is, and the focus will be broad enough to
                        include all popular medievalisms (including comics, of course!).

                        Michael