Re: [arthurian_comixlist] Re: Blog update and a CFP

  • Berthelot, Anne
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 23, 2009
      Michael,
      Would you be interested in something about the French Arthurian comics?
      There are several series going on presently, that might be of interest.
      Happy Holidays,
      Anne

      ____________
      Anne Berthelot
      Prof. of French & Medieval Studies
      Co-Chair, French and Francophone Studies
      Graduate Advisor for French
      Modern & Classical Languages Dept
      University of Connecticut
      ARJ 222
      Ph. (860) 486-3314 (dept)
      Cell (860) 463-7264 (direct)
      Fax (860) 486-4392
      anne.berthelot@...

      On 12/21/09 9:55 PM, "List Moderator, The Society for the Study of Popular
      Culture and the Middle Ages" <popcultandmiddleages.moderator@...>

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
        Now if we could just get translations of what looks to be some great French
        Comics!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
          Anne,

          That would be great. Please send the proposal to me at
          Arthur.of.the.Comics@....

          Michael

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
            Rodney,

            Here's one: Welsh publisher Dalen is producing English versions of David
            Chauvel's series. Volume 1 (collecting books 1 and 2) is out now. The books
            are paperbacks and closer in size to an American comic/graphic novel. There
            are more details on the various blogs.

            Michael