Re: [arthurian_comixlist] Re: Blog update and a CFP

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2009
      Alan,

      Thanks for replying. Please send a proposal to me at
      Arthur.of.the.Comics@....

      Michael

      On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:18 PM, merrygawain <merrygawain@...> wrote:

      > Michael,
      >
      > I'm interested in contributing an essay focusing on the portrayal of the
      > young (pre-kingship) Arthur in comics. If that sounds like an appropriate
      > topic, let me know and I'll work up the 200-300 word proposal.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Alan
      >

      > --- In arthurian_comixlist@yahoogroups.com<arthurian_comixlist%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "List Moderator, The Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the Middle
      > Ages" <popcultandmiddleages.moderator@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > List members,
      > >
      > > I just posted an entry to the blog on a promotional comic called
      > > SPIDER-MAN BATTLES THE MYTH MONSTER! (1991). I happened upon it this
      > > summer. I do not believe it is included in any previous listing of
      > > Arthurian comics (though I could be wrong). The comic introduces the
      > > evil Myth Monster, who battles King Arthur and Merlin in Camelot and,
      > > centuries later, Spider-Man.
      > >
      > > Also, if anyone is willing, I am accepting proposals for a collection
      > > of essays on Arthurian comics to be published in 2012 in commemoration
      > > of the 75th anniversary of PRINCE VALIANT (and the 30th anniversary of
      > > CAMELOT 3000). Let me (at popular.culture.and.middle.ages@...)
      >
      > > know if you might be interested in contributing. An official call went
      > > out to H-Announce and the UPenn CFP List last week but has not yet
      > > gone live.
      > >
      > > Michael
      > >
      > > --
      > > Michael A. Torregrossa, Listserv Moderator/ Blog Editor
      > > The Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages
      > > Michael A Torregrossa and Carl James Grindley, Co-Founders
      > > http://PopularCultureandtheMiddleAges.org
      > > http://PopularCultureandtheMiddleAges.blogspot.com/

      The Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages
      http://PopularCultureandtheMiddleAges.blogspot.com/

    • Berthelot, Anne
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 23, 2009
        Would you be interested in something about the French Arthurian comics?
        There are several series going on presently, that might be of interest.
        Happy Holidays,
        Anne

        ____________
        Anne Berthelot
        Prof. of French & Medieval Studies
        Co-Chair, French and Francophone Studies
        Graduate Advisor for French
        Modern & Classical Languages Dept
        University of Connecticut
        ARJ 222
        Ph. (860) 486-3314 (dept)
        Cell (860) 463-7264 (direct)
        Fax (860) 486-4392
        anne.berthelot@...

        On 12/21/09 9:55 PM, "List Moderator, The Society for the Study of Popular

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
          Now if we could just get translations of what looks to be some great French
          Comics!

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
            Anne,

            That would be great. Please send the proposal to me at
            Arthur.of.the.Comics@....

            Michael

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2010
              Rodney,

              Here's one: Welsh publisher Dalen is producing English versions of David
              Chauvel's series. Volume 1 (collecting books 1 and 2) is out now. The books
              are paperbacks and closer in size to an American comic/graphic novel. There
              are more details on the various blogs.

              Michael