"Hunter's Fortune" from Boom Comics

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2009
      For those who may have missed it (as I almost did) -- along with "Muppet King Arthur," Boom Comics is currently publishing another series with less immediately apparent Arthurian content. "Hunter's Fortune" is a 4-issue miniseries -- the first issue was published last month, and the trade paperback compilation of all 4 issues is being solicited this month. From the publisher's description: "When down-and-out slacker Hunter Prescott inherits a vast fortune, he
      thinks he's got it made. But there's a catch. Hunter has to find the
      legendary Excalibur! Andrew Cosby (creator of Eureka) and Caleb Monroe
      (The Remnant) weave this globe-spanning, adventure-packed tale with
      sensational interior art by hot newcomer Matt Cossin."

      Oh, and thanks for the recent blog posts, Michael. I don't follow "Hellboy" regularly, so I'd missed the Arthurian material in the current "Hellboy: The Wild Hunt" miniseries. Will definitely be ordering that trade collection!

    • merrygawain
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2009

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 21, 2009
          Alan,

          Many thanks for the head's up on *Hunter's Moon*. I did come across ot
          earlier this month while browsing the Boom! Studios web site.

          I did read *Hellboy: The Wild Hunt *earlier this month. The arc is the first
          of at least two parts and sets up Hellboy as a Once and Future King destined
          to lead the magical powers of Britain in battle against Nimue. Morgan le Fay
          also makes an appearance.

          Michael

          On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Alan Stewart <merrygawain@...>wrote:

          > For those who may have missed it (as I almost did) -- along with "Muppet
          > King Arthur," Boom Comics is currently publishing another series with less
          > immediately apparent Arthurian content. "Hunter's Fortune" is a 4-issue
          > miniseries -- the first issue was published last month, and the trade
          > paperback compilation of all 4 issues is being solicited this month. From
          > the publisher's description: "When down-and-out slacker Hunter Prescott
          > inherits a vast fortune, he
          > thinks he's got it made. But there's a catch. Hunter has to find the
          > legendary Excalibur! Andrew Cosby (creator of Eureka) and Caleb Monroe
          > (The Remnant) weave this globe-spanning, adventure-packed tale with
          > sensational interior art by hot newcomer Matt Cossin."
          >
          > Oh, and thanks for the recent blog posts, Michael. I don't follow "Hellboy"
          > regularly, so I'd missed the Arthurian material in the current "Hellboy: The
          > Wild Hunt" miniseries. Will definitely be ordering that trade collection!
          >
          > Alan

          The Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages
          http://PopularCultureandtheMiddleAges.blogspot.com/