Spear of Destiny in DCU?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2008
      For the collective brain:

      Does the Spear of Destiny in the DCU seem to anyone else to be more a
      relic of the Crucifixion than a Grail hallow? I'm not finding any
      references to the Grail legend (Dolorous Blow and the Fisher King,
      etc.) with relation to DC's use of the Spear except for the fact that
      Hitler had both during WWII to repel the US's heroes from entering
      Axis territory. In fact, the Spear in Hitler's hands, at least, seems
      connected to Nordic myth (perhaps there is a link through Wagner's
      Parsifal?), while most recently it was used as a weapon against the
      Spectre. Any thoughts?