Re: New Comics for December

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 25, 2000
      --- In arthurian_comixlist@egroups.com, "Michael Torregrossa"

      > Alan,
      >
      > To answer your question about 'Spawn: The Dark Ages'. I am
      attempting to follow it (I have most of the issue so far), and I hope
      to gather the 'Spawn' main series at some time for the
      Merlin/Cogliostro connection.

      So Merlin is a character in the Spawn: The Dark Ages series? Which
      issues?

      Thanks,
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2001
        I'm sorry this is so late.  Its been a crazy end of the semester, and I still haven't finished all my work yet (I've been living in the fifteenth century for the past 3 weeks exploring Merlin, Malory, and magic--next stop, early Christian Ireland).

        Thanks for your patience,
        Michael

        The following books and or items have been solicited for December 2000 (February 2001 release):

        Cliffhanger-DC Comics:

        Crimson Earth Angel TPB by Brian Augustyn (wr.) and Humberto Ramos and Sandra Hope (art.).  $14.95.

        Rpts. #13-18.  The collection includes the first appearances of Zophiel, an angel fallen from God's grace who befriends Alex Elder and later claims in No. 23 to possess the Grail in the tattoo on her face (!?).  (The final issue No. 24 also ships in February.)

        DC Comics:

        Demon Action Figure.  Advance solicited.  In Stores June 20th.  6 inches tall with cloth cape and multiple points of articulation.

        Part of the second series of DC's supernatural series.  Ships with Specter-Hal Gordon and Deadman figures.  Get yours today :)

        Image:

        Butcher Knight No. 3 by Charles Holland (wr.) and Dwayne Turner (pen./ink.).  $2.50.

        Luther Washington (Lancelot) vs. Dolgen's Section X squad (?).  [Just a follow-up to an earlier post--I rechecked issue 1, Merlin in this series is white.]

        Spawn: The Dark Ages No. 24 by Steven Niles (wr.), Nat Jones (pen), Kevin Conrad (ink), and Todd Broeker (col).  $2.50.

        The medieval adventures continue.  Series update--Druids have stolen Spawn's (Lord Covenant) necroplasm, and he adapts to being alive again.  Meanwhile, one druid wanders the countryside with the necroplasm in his keeping.  Spawn continues to refuse Cogliostro's (Merlin) aid.  This issue the druid gets in trouble (I think) and Spawn learns alchemy from a giant.

        Marvel Comics:

        Excalibur: Sword of Power No. 3 of 4.  By Ben Raab, Pablo Raimondi, and Jason Martin.

        CB and company struggle to recover the "sword of might, Excalibur" to defeat "the evil goddess Roma's total domination of reality".  [Have we missed something here?  When did Roma go crazy?  I surprised to learn about this in issue 1.  Is it another of Merlyn's plots to get Excalibur back together?]

        Also of interest:

        Babylon 5: Casting Shadows by Jeanne Cavelos.  Vol. 1 of the Techno-Mages Trilogy.  $6.50.

        Set during the time of the Shadow War.  Elric (the Techno-Mage from B5, I think) hosts a gathering on the planet Soom.  Features Elric's apprentice, Galen (from Crusade), and his lover, Isabelle.

        Doctor Who: Time Frame by David Howe (Diamond).  122 pg..  Hc $22.99.  Sc. $16.99.

        Mage:  The Hero Discovered PVC set was featured in the recent Fandom.com catalog.