Seven Soldiers #0

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2005
      Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight #1 shipped last week.
      I haven't read it yet (should be in this week's
      shipment from Westfield), but the previews look very
      promising.

      I have read the opening chapter of Grant Morrison's
      new meta-epic, however, and just wanted to be sure
      everyone was aware that it includes an Arthurian
      reference (besides the single shot of Sir Justin in a
      framed picture on a wall). On the last page, one of
      the mysterious Seven Unknown Men offers the following
      quote as a commentary on the apparent fatal defeat of
      this issue's version of the Seven Soldiers of Victory:

      "And thrice enough to fill Great Arthur's ship, we
      went into it...Except seven, none returned from Castle
      Revolving."

      -- Alan

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15, 2005
        Sounds like a reference to "The Spoils of Annwn".

        Seven Soldiers: Shining Knight #1 shipped last week.
        I haven't read it yet (should be in this week's
        shipment from Westfield), but the previews look very
        promising.

        I have read the opening chapter of Grant Morrison's
        new meta-epic, however, and just wanted to be sure
        everyone was aware that it includes an Arthurian
        reference (besides the single shot of Sir Justin in a
        framed picture on a wall). On the last page, one of
        the mysterious Seven Unknown Men offers the following
        quote as a commentary on the apparent fatal defeat of
        this issue's version of the Seven Soldiers of Victory:

        "And thrice enough to fill Great Arthur's ship, we
        went into it...Except seven, none returned from Castle
        Revolving."

        -- Alan

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor