Vampirella and Arthuriana?

  • mtorreg2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004
      A recent search of the GRAND COMICS DATABASE PROJECT
      <http://www.comics.org> turned up a number of references to
      characters in the VAMPIRELLA line with the Arthurian-sounding names
      of "Pendragon" and "Tristan" (apparently Vampirella's husband). My
      copy of THE ARTHURIAN ANNALS is temporarily buried, and I was
      wondering if these actual Arthurian references?

      Thanks,
      Michael

      PS. Rodney does include an authentic Arthurian reference in his list:
      Vampirella No. 45/2 (Warren, Sept. 1975)--"Parable of the Hermits of
      Glastonbury Tor".
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2004
        The Vampirella No. 45/2 (Warren, Sept. 1975)--"Parable of the Hermits of
        Glastonbury Tor", is not a Vampirella story, only a backup story in the
        magazine with unrelated characters.

        I have looked through a lot of VAMP. mags to see what connection Pendragon
        and Tristan have to any Arthurian matters and have not found any relation
        except their names. I find it hard to believe that nothing else is there but the
        amount of material has made it hard for me to check all of it. Anyone else
        have any luck?