New Comics December 2004 (and after)

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2004
      From the latest PREVIEWS 14.10 (October 2004):

      There are a lot of medieval-themed books this month but nothing specifically Arthurian. However, I came across a manga title that may be Arthurian.

      Tokoyopop: Dragon Hunter Vol. 10 by Hong-Seock Seo. ISBN 1-59182-958-5

      A character named Merlin asks Kok-Jung to accompany him on his quest to capture Siegfried's Dragon.

      TRADE STOCK:
      Monty Python and the Holy Grail: King Arthur Plush Chibi Doll. 9" tall doll from Toy Vault. Third in a series. [This may or may not be produced--PREVIEWS lists the "Tim the Enchanter" doll (solicited March 04) as being canceled due to lateness.]

      From the latest DC IN DEMAND (October 04) in DC Comics with a December 04 coverdate:

      At some unspecified date, DC will release a new series called SEVEN SOLDIERS to be written by Grant Morrison. The series is a 30-issue megaseries (30 issues!!!)--2 book-end issues and seven four-part miniseries--that continues from JLA: CLASSIFIED. The blurb notes, "Grant's been pretty secretive about the unlikely shining knights that he's drafting to protect Earth, but he assures us that his SEVEN SOLDIERS will be ready for victory starting in early 2005".

      Also of note, DC has solicited a collected edition of THE SEVEN SOLDIERS OF VICTORY as part of its DC ARCHIVES line. More when information becomes available.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2004

        You missed Image Comics new "Beyond Avalon" which is Arthurian.

      • mtorreg2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2004
          Rodney (and the rest of the list),

          Image's BEYOND AVALON is solicited for January 2005, so I was not
          yeat aware of it. I thank Rodney for bringing it to my attention.

          Michael

          Here are the details from Mile High Comic's online catalog:

          BEYOND AVALON #1
          Written by Joe Pruett
          Art by Goran Sudzuka
          Cover by Goran Sudzuka
          CONCEPT: When heroes die they are welcomed to the enchanted island of
          Avalon, a land of unimaginable beauty, untouched by crime, unsoiled
          by bad weather, even immune to death. Only one hero has ever been
          born here. Her name is Megan, daughter of Arthur. Consumed by her
          father's wanderlust, Megan travels through the mystical mists
          surrounding the island in search of her missing father and her own
          self worth.
          THIS ISSUE: "Wanderlust," Part One-Megan is the first of her kind,
          born upon the mythical island of Avalon. The daughter of a legendary
          king, she craves adventure, excitement and an escape from
          the "perfect" world in which she lives. When her father, also
          consumed by a quest for adventure, disappears, Megan decides to
          follow him. Her escape is presented to her in the form of the mists
          that surround the island, mists that are gateways to other worlds and
          dimensions. Armed with her father's recently recovered sword, Megan
          gathers her courage and enters the mist.
          quarterly ongoing series full color 32 pages
          on sale 01.05 $2.95