New Comics August 2004 for an October (and later release)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      Dear list members,

      I apologize for not having posted comics updates in a while. I have a backlog of Previews that I hope to get to over the coming months. Below, I note forthcoming comics from Previews 14.8 (August 2004) for items solicited for October 2004 and from DC Comics In Demand 08.04 from DC books with an October 2004 indicia.

      Atomeka
      Dave Dorman's Tales of the Wasted Lands One-Shot by Dave Dorman. PC. 44 pp. $5.99.

      Three new stories from Dorman's "Wasteland Saga." The third story features the Edge and his continuing search for "the stone that once held Excalibur." Here, "Edge at last gets a lead on the first part of the stone."

      DC Comics
      Regarding the relaunch of Legion of Super-Heroes in December 2004, the "Mole at 1700" comments: "Our sources tell us that besides launching the new ongoing series with extra-sized issues, Mark [Waid] and Barry [Kitson] are not planning a reboot or revamp of what has (or will?) come before -- instead, think intergalactic Knights of the Round Table!" Waid is, of course, the author of "Castles in the Air" from Legionnaires Annual 1 (1994), where the Legionnaires of an Elseworlds were reenvisioned as the Knights of the Round Table and Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl replicated the roles of Arthur, Lancelot, and Guinevere respectively.

      REPLICAS:
      Monty Python and the Holy Grail: King Arthur's Excalibur Knight Replica. $250.00.

      Sword with scabbard. Measures 57 1/2" long. With certificate of authenticity.

      Monty Python and the Holy Grail: Sword of the Black Knight Replica. $250.00.

      Sword only. Measures 57 1/2" long. With certificate of authenticity.