Re: File - survey.txt

  • Paul Gadzikowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2004
      On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, arthurian_comixlist Moderator wrote:
      > The Arthurian Comic Book Discussion List
      >
      > New Member Survey

      > Name (your real name please):

      Paul Gadzikowski

      > Academic affiliation (if any):

      None, as an arthurian. My day job's at Creighton University.

      > Primary interest in Comic Books or Popular Culture:

      I believe that comics and screen heroes, modern visual media heroes, are
      the contemporary equivalent in the global village of the oral fireside
      folklore heroes of all of human history up till about a hundred years ago.

      > Primary interests in the Arthurian legend:

      My major influences have been T.H. White, Marion Zimmer Bradley, and
      sundry fiction and nonfiction edited by Norris Lacy.

      > Publications about Comic Books (including web sites):

      Fanfiction stories and cartoons derived from many franchises including
      Superman on a personal website at:
      http://members.iglou.com/scarfman

      > Publications about the Arthurian legend:

      Daily webcomic _Arthur, King of Time and Space_ at:
      http://www.arthurkingoftimeandspace.com

      Paul Gadzikowski, paul@...
      http://www.arthurkingoftimeandspace.com New cartoons daily.
    • Tara ( _writing with elegance_ )
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2005
        Hello everyone! Thank you for accepting me into your group.

        Name (your real name please): Tara

        Academic affiliation (if any): None currently--I received a BA in
        English from McDaniel (formerly Western Maryland) College in 2003. I
        wrote and presented a 30 page thesis on the infertility of Queen
        Guinevere in The Mists of Avalon vs. Guenevere: Queen of the Summer
        Country. I am into any and all retellings of Arthurian legend.

        Primary interest in Comic Books or Popular Culture: Neil Gaiman, 1602,
        anything by Peter David, ST:TNG, LOTR

        Primary interests in the Arthurian legend: different representations
        of Guinevere and the justifications of her actions. Judgment of
        Guinevere is an interesting indicator of how various societies feel
        about women at that point in time.

        Publications about Comic Books (including web sites): I'm somewhat new
        to the comic book world.

        Publications about the Arthurian legend: My interest in this was
        stirred by reading Camelot 3000. When I found it in a comic book
        store, I couldn't believe anyone had ever written anything like it.
        Then I thought the future concept was cheesy, but I ended up really
        enjoying it. Other than that, I've read most of the traditional stuff
        and am working through the modern retellings. I'm writing my own, as
        well.

        --
        Tara DellaFranzia
        Writer