Thor Annual#17 explains where the true Merlin was in ST I#134

  • docsavage80
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004
      In his recent profile of the Maha Yogi, Snood of the Unofficial
      Appendix claims that it has been revealed--possibly in AVENGERS
      FOREVER--that the Merlin who appeared in ST 134 was actually the
      Maha Yogi. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

      I must regretfully confirm this information. I had completely
      forgotten about that retcon, perhaps because I wasn't certain of its
      validity. That revelation actually took place in the second story of
      AVENGERS ANNUAL #22 (1993) and not in AVENGERS FOREVER. In that
      Anachronauts story, Sir Raston's Ebony Blade begins fading in and
      out of existence, signalling a possible threat to the timeline and
      Chronopolis, so Terminatrix leads the Anachronauts back to just
      before the "starstone" out of which the sword was forged crashed to
      Earth. After bringing them through a time portal that leads to
      Camelot, Terminatrix tells them: "Sometime in what is our past, but
      is still in Camelot's future, Kang has fought/will fight an evil
      mutant who briefly impersonated the true Merlin while he and the
      Black Knight were away...*" The footnote says "see STRANGE TALES
      #134."