Continuity question: pre-Crisis Camelot

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Dear all,

      I've recently reread CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, and I was wondering if any
      one has yet looked at the differences (or similarities) between the various
      Camelots of the pre-Crisis DC Universe. Specifically, if Shining Knight
      comes from Earth 2 (Golden Age), and Etrigan from Earth 1 (Silver Age), are
      the Arthurian cast consistently represented to differentiate them from their
      counterparts on each Earth? Also, does any one know which Earth the
      unpublished King Arthur series from the 1970s would have occurred on?

      Thanks in advance,
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003

        I really don't recall any attempt to distinguish the
        Earth-1 and Earth-2 versions of Camelot as such. The
        Shining Knight was probably the only DC character
        whose stories would defintely have been identified as
        occurring on Earth-2 following the establishment of
        the multiple-Earths concept in the early '60's; and he
        made very few appearances in the years between his
        re-introduction in the early '70's, and the rebooting
        of the DC Universe in CRISIS.

        Of course, there are Arthurian stories in various DC
        comics of the '30's through the '50's that could be
        retroactively be assigned to Earth-2 continuity, but
        as with most early Arthurian comics stories, the
        Arthurian characters and settings are pretty much used
        as "stock" elements in these stories, without much if
        any concern about consistency from one appearance to
        another.

        As for DC's unpublished King Arthur project from the
        1970's, I've always assumed this would have been a
        stand-alone series (a la CAMELOT 3000), without
        reference to the DC Universe proper.

        Alan

        --- Michael Torregrossa <mtorregrossa@...> wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >
        > I've recently reread CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, and
        > I was wondering if any
        > one has yet looked at the differences (or
        > similarities) between the various
        > Camelots of the pre-Crisis DC Universe.
        > Specifically, if Shining Knight
        > comes from Earth 2 (Golden Age), and Etrigan from
        > Earth 1 (Silver Age), are
        > the Arthurian cast consistently represented to
        > differentiate them from their
        > counterparts on each Earth? Also, does any one know
        > which Earth the
        > unpublished King Arthur series from the 1970s would
        > have occurred on?
        >

        > Thanks in advance,

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/