The Medieval Comics Project--now online

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
      Dear list members,

      In preparation for two conference panels/sessions in the Spring of 2004, I
      have begun an online database devoted to comics (comic strips, comic books,
      panel cartoons, and graphic novels) with medieval themes or based on
      medieval texts, events and legends. After some technical problems, I am
      pleased to announce that the complete site is finally active at
      <http:KingArthurForever.home.att.net/mcphome.htm>. At present, the listing
      is in three parts: an introduction to the project, a listing of comics, and
      a bibliographic guide to studies on medieval comics. I welcome any
      suggestions for future updates to any of these pages.

      Michael

      Michael A. Torregrossa, M. A.
      34 Second Street
      Smithfield, RI 02917-3627

      Web sites:

      King Arthur Forever: An Online Guide to Studying and Teaching the Arthurian
      Legend and Related Material.
      <http://KingArthurForever.home.att.net/>

      'Young Indiana Jones: Travels With Father' (1996)

      Nikos Kazantzakis: "Well, your father is living in the Dark Ages!"

      Young Indy: "Almost--My father is a medievalist."
    • raphaelle cassar
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2003
        Hello

        I just wanted to let you know that # 4 in "Le chant d'Excalibur" comic
        series by Arleston & Hübsch and # 4 in the "Merlin" comic series by
        Istin, Lambert & Stambecco have been released recently. They are
        available from amazon.fr along with the series : "Arthur, une épopée
        celtique" by Chauvel, Lereculey & Simon (5 vols) ; "Arthur Pendragon" by
        Istin, Michel & Chani (only 1 volume up to this day) and the first three
        volumes of the complete "Chevalier Ardent" by François Craenhals. You
        might also like to read "La Graine de Folie" by Civiello and Mosdi that
        takes place in Brocéliande (4 vols.). Of course all these are in French.

        Raphaëlle