Arthur sighting--X2

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2003
      Dear fellow list members,

      This weekend's blockbuster movie, X2: X-Men United, featured an undeveloped
      reference to the Arthurian legend. In the opening scenes of the film,
      Magneto was should reading a copy of The Once and Future King, and, in the
      closing scenes, Professor Xavier discussed the book with his mutant
      students. The X-Men comics have a long history of linking the X-Men to the
      Arthurian legend. More details forth-coming to interested parties.

      Michael

      Michael A. Torregrossa, M. A.
      34 Second Street
      Smithfield, RI 02917-3627

      Web sites:

      King Arthur Forever: An Online Guide to Studying and Teaching the Arthurian
      Legend and Related Material.
      <http://home.att.net/~torregrossa/>

      'Young Indiana Jones: Travels With Father' (1996)

      Nikos Kazantzakis: "Well, your father is living in the Dark Ages!"

      Young Indy: "Almost--My father is a medievalist."
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2003
        Yes, I saw this as well. And it does have a couple of possible
        interpretations. One thing that occured to me is that Magneto's reason
        for reading the book is quite different than Xavier's reason, and
        without spoiling the movie I can't say more.

        JT

        "It's not the Earth the meek inherit, it's the dirt." -- Mordred,
        "Camelot"