Question of Content

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2003
      Hi. As I continue to acquire comics for my book/catalogue of Arthurian
      comics, I was hoping someone might have looked at the following titles and
      can offer comments:

      DEFENDERS Vol 1 (Marvel)

      I have Giant-Size 2 (Black Knight I rpt), 11 (with Mordred the Evil), and
      152 (Dragon of the Moon). My main question is there a flashback here
      showing when the Dragon of the Moon fought against Arthur.

      A DISTANT SOIL (Various)

      I see references to a Galahad and Avalon. Is it Arthurian?

      CAPTAIN BRITAIN Vol. 1 (Marvel UK)

      I have 1 & 2 (origin by Claremont; 1st UK Merlin and 1st Roma); 33-37
      (origin retold; with Merlin and Roma)

      FURTHER ADVENTURES OF INDIANA JONES (Marvel)

      Anything here? I have about 5 issues.

      MEDIEVAL SPAWN/WITCHBLADE (Image)

      I have 2-3 and there is nothing relevant there. Anybody got No. 1?

      Thanks,

      Also, I have duplicates of issues from the following titles. Please send
      your want list to me off-list at mailto:mtorregrossa@...

      Action Comics Weekly Nos. 637, 639
      All Star-Squadron Nos. 29, 48, 56, 62
      Black Knight (Marvel LS)
      Camelot 3000
      Captain Britain Vols. 1 and 2
      Demon Vols. 1 and 3
      Doctor Fate (1988) No. 4
      Hulk Comics (UK Weekly) [early issues]
      King Arthur and the Knights of Justice No. 1
      Knights of Pendragon Vols. 1 and 2
      Mage: The Hero Defined Nos. 1-2
      Sovereign Seven
      Speed Demon
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29, 2003
        In a message dated 3/29/2003 3:09:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        mtorregrossa@... writes:

        > DEFENDERS Vol 1 (Marvel)
        >
        > I have Giant-Size 2 (Black Knight I rpt), 11 (with Mordred the Evil), and
        > 152 (Dragon of the Moon). My main question is there a flashback here
        > showing when the Dragon of the Moon fought against Arthur.
        > I have not been able to trace a lot down on this. Off the top of my head,
        > you might check the 1989 DR. STRANGE, issues which have the return of a new
        > Pendragon. I also would suggest the Marvel Handbooks

        > A DISTANT SOIL (Various)
        >
        > I see references to a Galahad and Avalon. Is it Arthurian?

        YES! Galahad, Percival, Lancelot and other knights are in Avalon battling a
        dark lord when Galahad is pulled into our world. THis is Lancelot's son, who
        functions as a secondary character and part of the group through the series.
        See my list for more info.
        CAPTAIN BRITAIN Vol. 1 (Marvel UK)

        > I have 1 &2 (origin by Claremont; 1st UK Merlin and 1st Roma); 33-37
        > (origin retold; with Merlin and Roma)

        There are MANY Merlin, Roma references throughout the series, but the origin
        is the most Arthurian of any of the,.

        FURTHER ADVENTURES OF INDIANA JONES (Marvel)

        > Anything here? I have about 5 issues.
        I was shocked and dissapointed to never find any Arthurian references, but I
        have only looked through 5 or 6 myself.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 29, 2003
          Michael,

          I never picked up an issue of Soverign Seven -- is
          there Arthurian content?

          -- Alan

          http://platinum.yahoo.com
        • mtorreg2001
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2003
            I don't have details handy at the moment (try Rodney's list), but I
            noted a character named Toby Merlin, a military base named Camp
            Camelot, an appearance of the Sword in the Stone (in Merlin's
            basement no less), and an appearance of a character presumed to be
            Mordred. As I recall, Dan notes additional details in the 'Arthurian
            Annals', which I may or may not have entered into my file yet.

            Michael

            --- In arthurian_comixlist@yahoogroups.com, Alan Stewart