CFP: Medieval Themes in the Comics at PCA 2003 (9/15; New Orleans 16-19 April 2003)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2002
      Dear fellow Arthurian enthusiasts,

      I'm organizing a panel for the Popular Culture Association on medieval themed comics. The panel is co-sponsored by both the Comics Area and the Arthurian Legends Area. Interested parties will find details below.

      Sincerely,
      Michael Torregrossa
      English Department
      University of Connecticut (Storrs)

      Possible topics include the following:

      ARTHURIAN LEGEND
      BEOWULF
      THE CRUSADES
      JOAN OF ARC
      ST GEORGE
      THE SONG OF ROLAND

      '======================================================================
      Abstracts of 250 words maximum to be submitted to panel organizer by 15
      September 2002 to mtorregrossa@... (please cc Arthurian Area co-chairs at
      e.sklar@... AND D-Hoffman1@... and Comics Area chair, Julie Ratliff at Kerisate@...)

      Snail mail to:

      Michael Torregrossa
      34 Second Street
      Smithfield, RI 02917

      Please send a copy of abstract (in duplicate) to:

      Elizabeth Sklar
      Area Co-Chair, Arthurian Legend
      Department of English
      Wayne State University