Re: [arthurian_comixlist] An Arthurian SHAZAM!

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2002
      That sounds interesting.  How do they relate to his new origin?

      Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 10:38 PM
      Subject: [arthurian_comixlist] An Arthurian SHAZAM!

      Greetings!

      I had a pleasant surprise today as I browsed the new comic books to discover
      Merlin and Morgan le Fay in the new JUST IMAGINE:  STAN LEE'S SHAZAM! by DC!
      Check it out!

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2002
        Merlin is attacked by Morgan le Fay, who he defeats and imprisons. Realizing
        that he will not be around when his spell of imprisonment (in a tree) wears
        off, he creates a guardian to fight her when she is released, SHAZAM!

        Rodney
      • merrygawain
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2002
          --- In arthurian_comixlist@y..., RODNEYFFC@A... wrote:
          > Merlin is attacked by Morgan le Fay, who he defeats and
          imprisons. Realizing
          > that he will not be around when his spell of imprisonment (in a
          tree) wears
          > off, he creates a guardian to fight her when she is released,
          SHAZAM!

          > Rodney

          Also -- Merlin hangs around until the 21st century, where we
          meet him as an Indian fakir (!) before he's killed by henchmen of
          the story's main villain. Morgana is released from her
          imprisonment and becomes an ally of the ongoing "Just
          Imagine" villain Dominic Darrk. She's still around at the end of
          the story, so we can expect to see her in later installments.

          (This probably sounds more interesting than it actually is. I have
          found all of the "Just Imagine Stan Lee..." books to be pretty
          mediocre so far, and "...Shazam!" is no exception.)